Idle

gtirneil

paz said:
gtirneil said:
Just bin out in the car its idling at 1350 rpm but is also popping slightly :?
Its not got a mongoose on it does it?

Paz
At thenmoment just a 3.5" goose backbox but full system from turbo back is on its way

It pops on gear changing buit seems a bit lumpy at idle or is that to be expected at 1350 rpm, it doesnt bother me taht its that high i just dont want it to go pop

paz

The gear change pop is normal AFAIK, most of these cars pop on gear change. By lumpy what do you mean, is a roving, chugging or soemthing different?

p.s - do you have an uprated clutch, this is for something else :lol:

Paz

gtirneil

p.s - do you have an uprated clutch, this is for something else :lol:

i think i know where this is going, Jim says it might be uprated because its quite a heavy clutch, if it starts slipping i will change it.

By lumpy i mean not a smooth idle, the needle doesnt moove it just sounds like it pops slightly

paz

You can possibly tell by the clutch feel, but mines standard and feels heavier than the last R I sat in with an uprated clutch. If you have the money to change it as soon as it slips that ok.

I suppose I'd have to hear the idle to see if it sounds like mine fella :?

Paz

gtirneil

paz said:
You can possibly tell by the clutch feel, but mines standard and feels heavier than the last R I sat in with an uprated clutch. If you have the money to change it as soon as it slips that ok.

I suppose I'd have to hear the idle to see if it sounds like mine fella :?

Paz
Plenty of money paz my boy :lol:

It might be standard i dont know, ill see if it slips though, im not doing anything stupid by the way 8)

If you go to "Bolton" on thursday you can check it out :wink:

paz

You're going upto a bar though aren't you (guessing by the boost controller etc)? If so and its standard and reasonably old, it'll probably slip eventually.

Don't think I'll be down Bolton, not been into that since the R really, but might go and check out the new place to catch up with a few people.

Paz

antgtir

Mine used to pop a little when it would sit around the figure your talking of.

Id check all the hoses etc like we've said, that would be my first starting point i think.

Ant.

gtirneil

paz said:
You're going upto a bar though aren't you (guessing by the boost controller etc)? If so and its standard and reasonably old, it'll probably slip eventually.

Don't think I'll be down Bolton, not been into that since the R really, but might go and check out the new place to catch up with a few people.

Paz
Not keepin at 1 bar its going to be standard most of the time as that is plenty for me

I dont go to the old Bolton i ment the new place, just if you were going thats all, im going to take it to hiteq soon anyway so ill let them look at it :wink:

A

AJ4

lol, lazy arse, just pop outside and have a look yourself :D

Seriously, there is about 15 different things that cause fast / uneven idle on a Pulsar, good luck finding it :( Most people just live with it :shock:

JIMMYBACK

AJ4 said:
lol, lazy bottom, just pop outside and have a look yourself :D

Seriously, there is about 15 different things that cause fast / uneven idle on a Pulsar, good luck finding it :( Most people just live with it :shock:
yer it got to the point im gonna i replace all the hoses n maf to see if that will cure the problem :D

gtirneil

AJ4 said:
lol, lazy bottom, just pop outside and have a look yourself :D

Haha i try not to get me hands dirty lol, i can live with it, it doesnt bother me just dont want me R' blowing up after 1 day

:lol: :shock: :(

Davey

first thing to do is a fault code check m8.
This will tell you if any sensors are playing up.
there's a sticky somewhere telling you how to do it (and clear the fault code after)
As has been mentioned, a LOT of pulsars idle high, mine did for the first 3 1/2 years of me owning it :roll: , I had the idle control vavle cleaned a month ago, and it has helped a lot, it still idles a bit high for sometimes though.
The idle adjust screw is at the right hand side of the inlet manifold, under the IC, its a black plastic screw with a slot in it, but if any of the sensors/vavles are faulty, the idle will probably go back up after you have adjsuted it :(

MarkTurbo

gtirneil said:
At thenmoment just a 3.5" goose backbox but full system from turbo back is on its way
You mean a straight bit of pipe then :?: The mongoose dosent have a backbox, it just comes over the rear subframe and straight out the back :wink:

gtirneil said:
It pops on gear changing buit seems a bit lumpy at idle
Sounds like an air leak to me, mine was doing the same thing the other day when i forgot tp block off the pipe that used to go to the dumpvalve.

gtirneil

I took the IC off tonight and noticed that 1 of the 4 blanking plugs were missing so i found something to block it and now the idle has dropped to 950 yey

Bad news is now it runs like a sack of shit and hesitates when accelerating, anybody know why that is? :(

paz

gtirneil said:
I took the IC off tonight and noticed that 1 of the 4 blanking plugs were missing so i found something to block it and now the idle has dropped to 950 yey

Bad news is now it runs like a sack of Skoda and hesitates when accelerating, anybody know why that is? :(
because you can't drive for shit?

Paz

gtirneil

Just done a fault code check and it was 21 which im guessing is to do with the ignition so im going to get myself new plugs, leads, coil and all that stuff to see if it clears it up :(

Paz stop flirting with me you big g@y :roll: :wink:

gtirneil

IM A RETARD......

After muchos fooking about with the R' today i decided that it had to be something to do with the ignition, so like a good little boy i took the 200SX plugs back out.... that was me problem, the 200SX plugs which i thought were the same well weren't, the moment i put the old NGK iridium ones back in it started idling perfectly and running smooth than Paz's freshly shaved ass, so good in fact that what started out as a "quick trip round the block" turned into a 30 mile epic :lol:

So if i ever post any more problems on here just ignore me because it is something i have probably done myself to make it break.

Thanks for the help lads :wink: