How much can a standard crank take...?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
How much bhp/lb.ft can the standard GTiR steel crank take...?

Rishi

stugtir

Does anybody do an aftermarket crank for the Gtir? :?

Ive been searching google for hours and i cant find any :cry:

stu

ashills

simple answer no one in the uk has any proof lol
i was talking to gizmo in NZ and they were building a drag gtir to run around 600whp and that was on a standard crank if i remember right it should be on the road by now ut havent spoke to them for a while to see what hapened with it

Keira

has anyone actually broke one ???

i've never heard of one going tbh :?

i'm sticking with the standard one but it will only be really pushed when the nitrous is in use so should be aok anyway as that will only be relatively short durations 8)

Rishi

ashills said:
simple answer no one in the uk has any proof lol
i was talking to gizmo in NZ and they were building a drag gtir to run around 600whp and that was on a standard crank if i remember right it should be on the road by now ut havent spoke to them for a while to see what hapened with it

Think you could find out for me mate...?

Rishi

zia

the gtir is really nice strong crank but you have to look at how standard has been fashioned/strengthend/weight/ heat treatmented. the crank is easily bent and does not have the strength that billet would have. but i have not seen proven 600bhp on standard crank? if the gtir crank was perfect there would be no need for billet version, forged version with better counterbalance better heat treated/lighter. plus once the big or main ends is even the slightest bent it pretty much fuck the crank.

zia

Rishi

Well mines being heat treated as just one of the things to improve strength...

Keira

zia said:
if the gtir crank was perfect
it doesn't need to be perfect though does it, just adequate :wink: until someones pushed one to the limits nobody on here can say they will take xxx bhp until they break.

when they do we'll know :shock: :lol:

i looked mainly at big bhp sx's when planning mine and it seems the blocks were giving up before the crank...

R

robinsongtir

there is no one that I know would go for a billet steel std sized cranke its just a daft idea they would always go with a longer stroke.As stated before if there is no one that has pushed the std one to its limits then no one will ever know.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
stugtir said:

stu
Tomei, Jun and possibly Toda :?: so them as part of stroker kits. I'm not sure if the do a standard replacement as well tho.

zia

how do you define limit? is it the amount bhp you can produce consistently?
torque? or the boost you can run? jun do billet standard size'd crank not cheap but far better than stock i,d say.

zia

LOU ROB

I'm still using a bog standard crank, so we'll find out soon enough :lol:
And like already mentioned, I've never heard of anyone break an sr20det crank.....Yet :shock:

stugtir

Fast Guy said:
stugtir said:

stu
Tomei, Jun and possibly Toda :?: so them as part of stroker kits. I'm not sure if the do a standard replacement as well tho.
I knew you could get them as part of a stroker but i wanted to keep the stanard displacment.

Dont JIM WOLF TECH do a stroker for the rnn14 too?

has anyone on here ever given this a go?

stu