HKS GTRS

cmng

HKS GTRS will bolt on to GTIR
no modification needed.
just redo the actuator bracket to fit FWD only

my friend have it fitted on GTiR

skiddusmarkus

The MD214 needs slight modification to fit.The oil return has to be welded up and redrilled as the bolt holes are very slightly different(took ine to an engineering firm and they charged about a tenner to do it).I then had to alter the gasket to suit.Also,on the turbine side where it bolts up to the dump pipe/elbow,one of the bolts is in a slightly different place so your elbow needs on of the holes filing out by about 2mm.
Those prices are old and people can get them cheaper now.

C

Crazy

skiddusmarkus

The MD214 needs slight modification to fit.The oil return has to be welded up and redrilled as the bolt holes are very slightly different(took ine to an engineering firm and they charged about a tenner to do it).I then had to alter the gasket to suit.Also,on the turbine side where it bolts up to the dump pipe/elbow,one of the bolts is in a slightly different place so your elbow needs on of the holes filing out by about 2mm.
Its just that most of the mechanics that I know are very basic and all this work would scare them and they would not want to do the job :(

I bet ex-GTiR could do it though :wink:

But then again, he lives miles away :cry:

That is one of the main reasons why I had not gone for the HKS GTRS but seen as how the MD214 also needs a few little mods to fit my options are still open :D

S

Sirnixalot

www.atpturbo.com

they have the GT series drain flange and fitting to adapt it to use the stuck rubber line

ATP GT drain flange
ATP GT Drain flange gasket
ATP brass 1/2"NPT to 5/8" hose barb adapter

use some teflon tape and screw the hose barb adapter into the GT drain fitting and use some hose to connect it to the standard drain fitting in the block.

skiddusmarkus

Its just that most of the mechanics that I know are very basic and all this work would scare them and they would not want to do the job
You can't get much more basic if I did it :lol: .It's really not hard to do.The GTRS has a better scope for power though if that's what you're after,just will be a bit more laggy.

Nad

Yeah but £1795 was about 3yrs ago. 18months ago I paid £900 for a bloody rebuild on it. I hope that price is cheaper now if u can get the bloody turbo for £1295 + Vat. I know what u mean about the states, just like japan for prices but TD do have a few very interesting turbos, like the one on the Reyland Cossie, thats at full boost by 3krpm for the power it has that is mental. It runs on sum double barrel bearing things majig.

Nad

Jobi Joba

cmng said:
HKS GTRS will bolt on to GTIR
no modification needed.
just redo the actuator bracket to fit FWD only

my friend have it fitted on GTiR
air outlet will have to be slightly modified too.

Building a modified bracket is about a 1 day job if you want to have a nice bracket (reinforced of course).

I've done it on mine.

This turbo is supposed to be able to flow up to 400/420bhp.

I want a lagless car,and want to have a 400bhp toy:I choosed the GTRS.I hope it will be ok...

skiddusmarkus

I think they can be had for about £900 with no exchange.I think Apex perfromance on the 200sx site can get them.If you're turbo is still good then you can sell it to one of the S13 200sx boys for £15-200 as it's a good upgrade for them.
The MD214 isn't any bigger externally,it's all the bits inside that are different.

C

Crazy

I have just e-mailed them :wink:

Will let you know if they can and if I do 8)

C

Crazy

Just tried to phone Craig at turbo dynamics but he was busy :roll:

Hopefully he will be calling me back :wink:

I am going to need my hustling skills :p

skiddusmarkus

Good luck-it took them about 3 months to reply to an email from me :lol: .If you offer to collect and pay cash I'm sure there'll be some hustle.

C

Crazy

£1000 all in 8)

Do you guys reckon that is a good price :?:

C

Crazy

Total distance: 156 miles (251.1 km )
Total estimated time: 3 hours and 30 min :( :?

Look like I should not have agreed to collect :oops:

7 hour round trip :x

Going to find out how long it will take on the train :wink:

C

Crazy

£79 on the train :? and it still takes 3 hours and 30 minutes :cry:

I know the GTiR would take at-least that in petrol :roll:

C

Crazy

Yes he said £1200 at first but then I said

"how much if I collect & pay cash"

He told me that he could do it for £1000 8)

Just got off the phone with Network Rail and they told me if I book 3 days in advance I can get my train ticket for £40 return but............................. they are usually booked weeks in advance :?

So it looks like I will have to go down the train station after work and see if they have any seats left for Friday as I have already booked the day off work :p

Hope they have a seat left for me :(