GTiR clutch

Dooie Pop Pop

zia said:
1...the flywheel had been fitted properly with right bolt's!! :evil:

zia
why? did they come loose or allow movement? :shock:

what bolts did you use? and what should you have used mate?

stu

zia

clutch/flywheel wasn,t fitted by me.bought the engine with it fitted.edd had done abought 5k mile on it.the reason for the failure is........................
let me put it this way there are few part's you can use from skyline on gtir :!: . flywheel bolt's is not one of them :evil: .tuner had fitted these should have known this and not bodged it up :evil: w.a.n.k.e.r.s. when bolt's sheared off this allowed movement between the flywheel /crank. the head of the snapped bolt was spinning between flywheel surface and first friction plate.due the excessive heat caused by this it warped the second plate and turned friction plate to blue in colour.left f.u.c.ked flywheel/clutch/bolt's. luckly it stopped to engaging into gear's otherwise the crank would have been f.u.c.k.e.d up.so not happeist person at the mo :evil:

zia

Dooie Pop Pop

dont blame you :evil: i' ll rate that alongside my 'forgetting to fit the plastic tray that supplies oil the the gb bearings' cock up then :x :cry:

is there a specific bolt you are meant to use then? best if everybody reads this just to save later embarrassment and expenditure :(

zia

only relevant if you happen to have *cough..cough* stroke *cough* crank
:wink:. also when looking to fit aftermarket flywheel be aware of thickness of the mounting flange if the thickness is below 10mm you bottom-out the standard bolt's and will not clamp properly

zia

ex-gtir

zia said:
clutch/flywheel wasn,t fitted by me.bought the engine with it fitted.edd had done abought 5k mile on it.the reason for the failure is........................
let me put it this way there are few part's you can use from skyline on gtir :!: . flywheel bolt's is not one of them :evil: .tuner had fitted these should have known this and not bodged it up :evil: w.a.n.k.e.r.s. when bolt's sheared off this allowed movement between the flywheel /crank. the head of the snapped bolt was spinning between flywheel surface and first friction plate.due the excessive heat caused by this it warped the second plate and turned friction plate to blue in colour.left f.u.c.ked flywheel/clutch/bolt's. luckly it stopped to engaging into gear's otherwise the crank would have been f.u.c.k.e.d up.so not happeist person at the mo :evil:

zia
hey zia the reason ian from hitec redrilled the flywheel was something to do with the stroker crank fitted ie not being gtir specific one when i fitted his engine the os had been assemblied wrong :? before i got there to refit engine:roll:

A

andrew

bob said:
Waiting for student loan, how much would i b looking for a quaife?

study comes first mate lol
anyway i used the helix organic good for 320 bhp and 310 ft
did slip once however when i lauched really hard racing a civic type r

for 400bhp i heard helix now do uprated one for 380ft torque on the pulsars

Last edited by a moderator: