GTiR clutch

B

bob

Guys can any1 recommend a clutch for me, as every1 I speak to you says different things, want to be eventually running around the 400bhp mark

C

carpy100

im not clued up enough on this subject.just thought id ask what box to save someone else asking!!
im personally using a helix 4 paddle. time will tell how it copes after the build. was ok at 320bhp and hasnt trashed the box YET. i like paddles personally, that fooker aint slippin nowhere.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
What gearbox are you running

What are you going to use the car for - day to day, little track, drag...??

Need to know this before you can decide on a clutch...

Rishi

Mark_GTiR

I've got the RPS Street Max - it's been good so far to me. Been in the best part of 10 months.

Slightly heavy on the pedal but otherwise not too bad...

Might add that I'm only running a goose and filter / standard boost but I know it's got half decent handling figures.

Mark

B

bob

Std box, atm!

Waiting for student loan, how much would i b looking for a quaife?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
bob said:
Std box, atm!

Waiting for student loan, how much would i b looking for a quaife?

Student Loan and Quaife in the same sentence... Thats the funniest thing i've read all day...

You're looking at £3200 for a complete built Quaife with all other internals replaced and rebuilt too... You'll need to add the cost of removal, refitting and oils to that cost too...

Say about £3600 all in...

Rishi

pete-r

:lol: quality.Keep the standard box mate,buy a book on gearbox rebuilds and then get down halfrauds for some cheap tools.This is what im doing,but i do like an adventure :lol: shot peen the standard box?

JIMMYBACK

pete-r said:
:lol: quality.Keep the standard box mate,buy a book on gearbox rebuilds and then get down halfrauds for some cheap tools.This is what im doing,but i do like an adventure :lol: shot peen the standard box?
im gonna join u on that one matey as i have a spare incase i fcuk it up :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

C

carpy100

im eventually goin for shot peened forks and tougher bearings, if i can get hold of them, with standard gear set.but thats got fook all to do with clutches :!: obviousely agree with rishi, it totally depends what you want to use it for :?: :roll:

K

KRS

You guys are so off topic :lol:

Ive got an OS Giken, seems rock solid after a few years abuse... but you may need a new gearbox sooner if you like to launch.

Dooie Pop Pop

KRS said:
You guys are so off topic :lol:

Ive got an OS Giken, seems rock solid after a few years abuse... but you may need a new gearbox sooner if you like to launch.
what kind of power do you have and can you describe 'abuse'?

K

KRS

Its an OS Giken Twin Plate

Was running 353BHP before i bought it from a mate... and was dragged a few times. Im using the same clutch on around 250-300 BHP. I drive hard, Ive launched it 6k+, 30 times in the same day until the gearbox broke. I can't help but big this clutch up! 8)

Ive posted this before, it feels like it will rip the car apart before it dies and its a lot easyer to operate than a single plate paddle clutch.

Unless my ones special :wink: ... these are definetly worth the money :)

kyepan

if your running that much power you will probably need a paddle or multiplate like the gilken, however these will probably help to kill your box quicker, as paddles are not very forgiving on the more subtle parts of the gear box.

you might be lucky and have a strong box, you might not.

Dooie Pop Pop

KRS said:
Its an OS Giken Twin Plate

Ive launched it 6k+, 30 times in the same day until the gearbox broke. I can't help but big this clutch up! 8)
good lad :lol: how much did you pay for the complete kit?

zia

my os giken may have lasted longer due to 2 reason if...

1...the flywheel had been fitted properly with right bolt's!! :evil:

2...not used the car as daily driver :evil:

zia