GTi-R vs Civic Type R

abyss

i have raced a civic vti with 220 brakes and 100 nos and beat it but not much to 60 thing was rapid after 60 i was pulling away quite easily. But the 0-60 must be about 5-5.5.

J

jordancivic

My jordan is approx 340bhp and runs 13.2 @ 109mph, capable of 400bhp in current form, 12psi at the mo, capable of 16psi. 1650cc Honda VTEC, t3/4 Garret .60 AR.

Financial problem forces sale so im after a nice GTIR, Anyone interested in my car ??

Shaun

jordancivic said:
Financial problem forces sale so im after a nice GTIR, Anyone interested in my car ??
:lol: :lol: :lol: So why you lookin for a GTiR then :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: Havent you read about the upkeep of these cars :lol: :lol: Think they cost just a wee more than a civic to keep on the road :wink:

J

jordancivic

Trust me, they dont cost more than a civic turbo to keep on the road. I want something 4wd.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
jordancivic said:
Trust me, they dont cost more than a civic turbo to keep on the road. I want something 4wd.

You can't really argue this point.... You're on a GTiR OC with hundreds of people who spend £££££ on their cars...

And besides, i know a few Turbo's Civic Owners and TBH they are pretty cheap to keep running...

I've even speced one for a mate... Parts are unbeleivably cheap...

Anyway, welcome and good luck finding a GTiR... :D

Rishi

J

jordancivic

Nissan_Mic said:
Your right it is cheap as anything to turbo the Civic. You can get kits for under 1K.

Michael

These so called kits are a pile of crap, but yes parts are relativly cheap. I may end up keeping it but i do really fancy a gtir.

L

LoXy

stick with ur jordan mate, i had an vti then onto a pulsar, noq going for something else. they do cost a lot to run and to fix. but if u know people that work on r's then go for one. i spend 4k on parts before i got my r. if u could get a late dc2 and turbo that.

abyss

have to agree bought an R drove it for a few weeks had some problems and basically im 3G grand lighter in the pocket and i have had about 10 hours driving out of it. Keep the civic. But one thing for sure is an R aint cheap to run bye no means.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
abyss said:
have to agree bought an R drove it for a few weeks had some problems and basically im 3G grand lighter in the pocket and i have had about 10 hours driving out of it. Keep the civic. But one thing for sure is an R aint cheap to run bye no means.
but theres plenty of us who havent spent a penny on their R's apart from maintenance and wear and tear items.

its the luck of the draw :(

O

Odin

I'd have to agree on that, if you say bought yourself a well maintained 1 bar gti-r and looked after it it would go on for ever 8) :wink: , I'v seen cars with well over a 100k on the clock. the only reason the R has a bad rep is because people keep modding them to death and somethings got to give if you double the power on a 15 year old datsun :cry: .

You never know you might even still break the gearbox but what do you expect on a car thats 15 years old, things break :idea: :wink: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

keep the civic but only because you already own it :wink: the most important bit of advice i can give is...................

STOP MODDING! that' ll save you a few quid :wink:

sell that honda sh1te and buy yourself some grey hairs :p

abyss

vpulsar said:
I'd have to agree on that, if you say bought yourself a well maintained 1 bar gti-r and looked after it it would go on for ever 8) :wink: , I'v seen cars with well over a 100k on the clock. the only reason the R has a bad rep is because people keep modding them to death and somethings got to give if you double the power on a 15 year old datsun :cry: .

You never know you might even still break the gearbox but what do you expect on a car thats 15 years old, things break :idea: :wink: .

rob
I have absolutely no regrets on buying the car but i have to agree if i did buy a mint one then i may not get any problems at all. Its a lottery. But i love the car i have just trying to put into my views on buying a low priced one to start with, and the hastle it can cost you in the long run.