GTi-R vs Civic Type R

hmmm

Had a little race the other day with one of these.

It pulled up next to me revving it's engine. Lights turned green and we were off. I was pulling away from him constantly and in the end he ended up taking a left that basically leads to no where. :lol:

p.s this was on a clear open stretch of road. :wink:

Not much of a race I know, but still thought I'd post it. 8)

My car is running 298 bhp at 1 bar though. :D

Hill_Billy

new shape 2.0l or older 1.6?

i've had my GTiR nearly a week, only thing thats tried me, was a wanked out 8v calibra.... :(

LeeSmith

i had one try and race me, I had no 4th gear at the time & still whooped it's butt.

but my cars not standard, so i guess that was why!

J

John Mc

I've raced one off the lights, absolutely masacred him :lol: :lol: We went from the lights up a dual carriageway, around a roundabout then onto another dual carriageway :wink:

deank93

Thats the 2.0 version...the one to whatch out for is the EK9 civic type R, very, very rare.

185bhp out of the box, weigh next to nothing and hit 60 in 5.7...obviously an R will kill it but for a 1.6 n/a is impressive....they can be a little twitchy round the bends but that can be sorted out.

Hill_Billy

deank93 said:
Thats the 2.0 version...the one to whatch out for is the EK9 civic type R, very, very rare.

185bhp out of the box, weigh next to nothing and hit 60 in 5.7...obviously an R will kill it but for a 1.6 n/a is impressive....they can be a little twitchy round the bends but that can be sorted out.
the man speaks the truth

T

Toady

hmmm - you will beat lots more too! lol! i raced a few when i had it, at std boostr and still beat them! 8) I also raced an audi TT which looked pretty cool to be fair, it had massive wheels, wider bodykit, and an RS badge on the back? got to 120ish and he still couldnt pull away, went to giv him the thumbs up but funny enough he wasnt game?! :twisted:

hmmm

Toady said:
hmmm - you will beat lots more too! lol! i raced a few when i had it, at std boostr and still beat them! 8) I also raced an audi TT which looked pretty cool to be fair, it had massive wheels, wider bodykit, and an RS badge on the back? got to 120ish and he still couldnt pull away, went to giv him the thumbs up but funny enough he wasnt game?! :twisted:
8) :twisted:

bunter007

must say that the Type-R are a great looking car but gutless!! i raced one in my old mk2 astra gte 16v and there was nothing in it. must say it was in a straight line, i wouldnt have wanted to tangle with it on the twistys in an astra!! :)

N

Norfy

i raced a ibiza cupra turbo, an the fella thought he nearly had me :!: :lol: i was off boost at the time tho.

saw him telling his mates he could have me :shock:
soon showed him up at the next set of lights :twisted: an infront of his mates

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
bunter007 said:
must say that the Type-R are a great looking car but gutless!!
The one I had a play with a while back wasn't gutless. He wasn't much slower than me and only went past when overtaking like a moron on double white lines on a bend. (plus I was cruising the last 400yds to my turn off)

deank93

The Nemisis performance type R was at Brands on Sunday.....i wouldn't fancy coming up against that, although it would probably get beaten by a reasonably well modded gtir it went well around corners and sounded fantastic.

Until it went pop and got trailered home that is :lol:

A

andyz

My friends just bought one a type r a couple of months before I got my pulsar.Havent had an opportunity to give him a bashing yet....but it will happen! for what they are though you cant knock them. For a n/a 2.0 they do go like stink. they only thing that lets them down is the steering, you jus dont have a clue if your pushing it to hard until its to late!!

kyepan

Hill_Billy said:
new shape 2.0l or older 1.6?

i've had my GTiR nearly a week, only thing thats tried me, was a wanked out 8v calibra.... :(
give it time bro. 8) pick on rari's and porkas.. they are more your territory

Dooie Pop Pop

deank93 said:
The Nemisis performance type R was at Brands on Sunday.....i wouldn't fancy coming up against that, although it would probably get beaten by a reasonably well modded gtir it went well around corners and sounded fantastic.

i saw that motor at engine advantages near chelmsford a while back having its motec fitted. it did look a bit of a weapon 8)

GTiR_Mic

hmmm said:
Had a little race the other day with one of these.

It pulled up next to me revving it's engine. Lights turned green and we were off. I was pulling away from him constantly and in the end he ended up taking a left that basically leads to no where. :lol:

p.s this was on a clear open stretch of road. :wink:

Not much of a race I know, but still thought I'd post it. 8)

My car is running 298 bhp at 1 bar though. :D
Pals Punto GT beats them no prbs, he is also running about 1.5-1.6 bar of boost as well.

T

Trung

bunter007 said:
must say that the Type-R are a great looking car but gutless!! i raced one in my old mk2 astra gte 16v and there was nothing in it. must say it was in a straight line,
You kept up with a mk2 Astra 16v :roll:
I love these type of stories, either that or the owner of the Type-R couldn't drive.

As for the Punto GT blowing them away, I've seen a drag video at York where the Punto GT gets away quicker due to better start but loses out on top end to the Type-R.

pete-r

deank93 said:

A nemesis tuned car going pop,never. :lol: :lol: :wink:

GTiR_Mic

Trung said:
bunter007 said:
must say that the Type-R are a great looking car but gutless!! i raced one in my old mk2 astra gte 16v and there was nothing in it. must say it was in a straight line,
You kept up with a mk2 Astra 16v :roll:
I love these type of stories, either that or the owner of the Type-R couldn't drive.

As for the Punto GT blowing them away, I've seen a drag video at York where the Punto GT gets away quicker due to better start but loses out on top end to the Type-R.

This was on the twistys he beat the Type R