Gt2871r 0.64

Sunny-D

Hi all,
Im aiming for 350-370bhp, i spoke to a guy at owen developments who has told me i should go for the gt2871 0.64 as this will spool almost identicaly to the gt28rs yet produce more power. Has anyone got any experience with this turbo?thanks.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Yeah, I had one of those a few years ago. It will spool quickly but strangely it didn't seem to spool as fast as my 3071r .86 :noidea:

I think it will make that power but 370 - 400 would be right on it's limit.

Good turbo :thumbsup:

O

Odin

Personally I don't think it's a very good turbo at all, I'd go for the GT3071R every time if I had the choice.

Rob

Sunny-D

Odin said:
Personally I don't think it's a very good turbo at all, I'd go for the GT3071R every time if I had the choice.

Rob
I did think about the gt3071, but im running an arc topmount which might not be up to the job, and i want to keep things reliable.

O

Odin

Sunny-D said:
I did think about the gt3071, but I'm running an arc topmount which might not be up to the job, and i want to keep things reliable.
If you want a quick spooling very nice turbo then you should go for the Disco potato (GT28rs), That will give you a very nice 350-360 BHP.

or run the GT3071R at lower boost levels.

Rob

O

Odin

Sunny-D said:
gt28rs it is then, thanks for you replies.

I think ATP do a gtir fitting kit for the gt28rs with the right actuator bracket.

Rob

Braveheart

Think you are spliting hairs there Rob.
GT28rs is actually a GT2860rs which is just slightly cheaper than the GT2871r with very little between either in performance. ;-)
Of course I am now biased having bought the 2871. :lol:

Adam L

Braveheart said:
Think you are spliting hairs there Rob.
GT28rs is actually a GT2860rs which is just slightly cheaper than the GT2871r with very little between either in performance. ;-)
Of course I am now biased having bought the 2871. :lol:
The GT28RS has a bigger comp wheel and housing to the GT2860R

Adam L

Sorry, my bad, getting confused with all the R's and S's. Yes it is the GT2860RS, I had the GT2860R stuck in my head.

Kev@Apex

Don't you find the 0.64 Gt2871R and 3071 have creep issues on SR engines ??

I got 393bhp from a 2871R on my S13, but the CA's flow better than the SR's, ok i get lots less torque and slightly more power than the same turbo & boost on a SR20.

O

Odin

KevD said:
Don't you find the 0.64 Gt2871R and 3071 have creep issues on SR engines ??

Don't think anybodies had any problems with the GT3071R, But I believe quite a few have has these problems with the GT2871R , Hence why I said i don't think it's a very good turbo, Should of said not a very good turbo on a pulsar instead really :doh: .

Rob

Kev@Apex

There is a slight differance to the Pulsar and S14 SR20DET's, and its the S14 version my knowledge is high on. Its only the 0.64 2871 people have problems with, the 0.86 is a cracking turbo.

Personally my SR I'm building will probably have a GT35R on it :D, and will be 2.2L stroked :D Dont think Creep will be an issue, just traction!

O

Odin

KevD said:
Personally my SR I'm building will probably have a GT35R on it :D, and will be 2.2L stroked :D Dont think Creep will be an issue, just traction!

I went for a T3 GT3076R with external waste gate on my new set up ;-) .

Rob

O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:
The GT35 is a tad bigger though!! :lol:

I know that matey :roll: , But size isn't everything ;-) , Just ask the wife :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

ashills

there has been issues with teh .64 exhaust 3071s in that they surge and do creep the boost when running a hi flow exhaust system porting the wastegate can help a bit with the creep