Grip

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
antilag said:
na mate mine was low as f**k the screamer pipe was touching the ground
They were concerned that it was gonna be sitting on his front pipe when they put it on the rollers, so it must have been touch and go :wink:

Next time I'll check to see if there's a page 2 before I post :D

Did you check your tyre pressure anytime before you ran? Although I have seen one or two cars spinning on those rollers.

LOU ROB

FastGuy said:
They were concerned that it was gonna be sitting on his front pipe when they put it on the rollers, so it must have been touch and go
Barry pointed out it was wheel spinning to me.He wouldn't let anyone sit on the front cause it would have probably caused damage.
And like you said,it was touch and go if he was gonna let it run or not :wink:

Sweeny

Bit of a ball ache but if you want a bob on power figure, put your engine on a dyno and get a flywheel figure.

Depends on how much you want to know what power you've got.

I'd prefer to see 1/4 mile slips than power graphs, as power graphs can differ at different rolling roads etc. But 1/4 mile slips are bob on to the split second :wink: (just my pennies worth).

LOU ROB

Sweeny said:
Depends on how much you want to know what power you've got.

I'd prefer to see 1/4 mile slips than power graphs, as power graphs can differ at different rolling roads etc. But 1/4 mile slips are bob on to the split second :wink: (just my pennies worth).
As you said,1/4 mile times are much more important to me than power figures :wink:

R

robinsongtir

get yourself some springs with less drop on them 30-40mm would be best you don't want to hit a bump in the road and it rips your downpipe and turbo of seen that done before.
Wheelspin shouldn't of happened seen my mates R get well over 400bhp on well lanes rolling road might be a knackered front diff or the centre LSD

E

Edd

yeh mine got 431bhp there and gripped fine :wink:

but get those 1/4 mile times in to prove the car :twisted:

LOU ROB

Edd said:
yeh mine got 431bhp there and gripped fine :wink:

but get those 1/4 mile times in to prove the car :twisted:
When does the 1/4 mile season start ?
Maybe even you Edd might give me a break when I get a 10 sec 1/4 :wink:

GINGA

Your 1/4 mile terminal speed will be your best idea of the power your pushing out :wink: eg
120mph ish should be over 400bhp
125mph ish should be 450-500bhp
130mph ish you'll be looking at nearer 600bhp 8)
i wouldn't trust airfield timing gear though prefering to go by offically timed strips only as the air field timings nearly always seems to give odd times compared to speeds and visa versa :?

LOU ROB

GINGA said:
Your 1/4 mile terminal speed will be your best idea of the power your pushing out :wink: eg
120mph ish should be over 400bhp
125mph ish should be 450-500bhp
130mph ish you'll be looking at nearer 600bhp 8)
i wouldn't trust airfield timing gear though prefering to go by offically timed strips only as the air field timings nearly always seems to give odd times compared to speeds and visa versa :?
Well its 118mph to beat,that was standard internals :shock:
It was timed at an airfield though :wink:

E

Edd

I hope you do get a 10 second 1/4 mate :D i'll be the first one to congratulate you :p
however i'm not sure you have realised how hard its going to be....

to get any respect of a genuine time you will have to do it at santa pod or i think york is the only other FIA approved drag strip and to be honest if you dont do it at the pod most people will still doubt you :roll:

as we all know the pod isnt too grippy and especially with a big laggy turbo that come son boost so hard yuo may struggle for grip down the strip...

one of the reasons i did so sh*t at the pod was i couldnt get grip cos the low down torque spun the wheels up too much and i couldnt grip.

but it will be interesting to see what times/terminals you get as Ginga said it will give you a good comparison to power.

I might even have my car ready next year however i will definitely not beaiming for 10's next year as the engine won't be able to take the boost i want to run and the head is a restriction on the stroker but it'd be nice to get in the 11's

LOU ROB

Cheers Edd 8)
I know it ain't gonna be easy,but I am confident it will be done.

I have heard that Grip may be an issue at santa pod,so it will probably be York raceway that i'll be attending most,and it's closer than santa pod for me :wink:

E

Edd

in that case the times wont count at York :p :wink:

I presume you are going supreme lightweight? if not i think you will need a genuine 550+ to even think about 10's unless you go a bare shell like jason

LOU ROB

I thought York raceway was f.i.a approved ?
I will be going lightweight for the dragging,but not as much as Jason :wink: I also have a few more tricks up my sleeve :wink:

E

Edd

cool 200bhp of nitrous i hope :p

yeh i think York is FIA approved :wink:

E

Edd

youll need 200bhp of nos just to get over 500bhp :wink: :p

when you next going to a meet or event as would be nice if you have the time to go out in the car and see how it goes and it looked nuts on the rollers :shock:

LOU ROB

Edd said:
when you next going to a meet or event as would be nice if you have the time to go out in the car and see how it goes and it looked nuts on the rollers :shock:
Believe me,it is an absolute animal on the road.youv'e got to fight with it to keep it straight in 4th :shock:
It's hard for me to attend meets because I live in the arse end of nowhere. :( But i'll always try if i'm not tied up with work.

E

Edd

yeh it did look like it would be a beast......just hope you can keep it straight down the drag strip :wink:

i'm hoping mine will come on boot earlier than your lag monster and not quite be as vicious :wink: