Grip

LOU ROB

After my experience at well lane on the 7th of november,I would like suggestions on how i'm going to get an accurate bhp reading.

As the car revved up to 4500 rpm it was fine,but once the laggy monster started boosting the car couldn't grip on the rollers giving me all sorts of figures,ranging from 333 to 380 bhp at 1.5 bar :?

We tried sitting in the boot but this did not help,we couldn't put weight on the front cause the sump would have touched the floor :shock:
I need help cause when I next go for a r/r day,what chance do I have of getting any grip when I do a power run on the 2bar set up :?:

MarkTurbo

What about that thing at Abbey (i think :?: ) that is a dyno that connects up to the hubs.

You wouldnt get any wheel spin on that :wink:

LOU ROB

MarkTurbo said:
What about that thing at Abbey (i think :?: ) that is a dyno that connects up to the hubs.

You wouldnt get any wheel spin on that :wink:
Where are abbey based ?

E

Edd

yep you jsut need to get it on a dynopack, they bolt the hubs to the machine so wheelspin isn't an issue...or an excuse :wink: :p :lol:

There are a few in the UK, not just Abbey, i think Thor have one too :wink:

Keira

abbey are based in oxted which is surrey i believe, i have a dvd with a skyline making over 1000bhp at the hubs on one and the way the power climbs when it comes on boost is mental :shock: .

the dynopak will be than good enough :wink:

A

antilag

go to g force but be warned your transmission will b the week point not traction or so ive been told there rolling road is pretty harsh

but wat wheels are u running and tyres ect cos lets jus say your car is 600hp it still shudent have traction problems ?????????? we managed to get traction with my mates 600hp rwd skyline with 215 tyres on the back lol so anything is possible

LOU ROB

antilag said:
go to g force but be warned your transmission will b the week point not traction or so ive been told there rolling road is pretty harsh

but wat wheels are u running and tyres ect cos lets jus say your car is 600hp it still shudent have traction problems ?????????? we managed to get traction with my mates 600hp rwd skyline with 215 tyres on the back lol so anything is possible
195/45/16 with toyo T1R, I can't understand how it was wheel spinning cause i'm sure as hell haven't got 600hp :roll:

A

antilag

wen mine made 350 i had no problems but it was tied down at the front the back and one through the car doors strapping the middle down i have clips of it shutting off the car barely moves and that was with 195/50/15 with bald fronts lol

MarkTurbo

LOU ROB said:
I can't understand how it was wheel spinning cause i'm sure as hell haven't got 600hp :roll:
I reckon Edd must have been spraying WD40 on the rollers on your run :wink: :lol:

A

antilag

pmsl or fat dripping from his burgers as he sits behind the car sulking lol

LOU ROB

antilag said:
wen mine made 350 i had no problems but it was tied down at the front the back and one through the car doors strapping the middle down i have clips of it shutting off the car barely moves and that was with 195/50/15 with bald fronts lol
strapping it through the middle would have been the answer,but the car is to fucking low to do that :(

A

antilag

na mate mine was low as fook the screamer pipe was touching the grond lol
i mean u tie a strap and open the doors feed it through one side to the other then close doorsit works well :D

LOU ROB

I still think the car is too low, there was only a 2mm gap between my sump and the floor.The turbo outlet pipe touched the floor at one point :shock:

A

antilag

lol well i no nothing about your car mate but have u set the wheels up to sit on 100% of the tyre cos im sure your aware that wen u loweru tend to sit more on the inside of the wheel and tyre so u dont get the hole tyre working

LOU ROB

antilag said:
lol well i no nothing about your car mate but have u set the wheels up to sit on 100% of the tyre cos im sure your aware that wen u loweru tend to sit more on the inside of the wheel and tyre so u dont get the hole tyre working
Good point.It does tend to destroy the inside of the tyres so I have to get pillow ball top mounts to try and correct the camber.

A

antilag

yeh i dnt think people take this into consideration its a vital thing to sort my mates just doing this in the skyline and his car is only slightly lowered :shock:

LOU ROB

I'll have to get the camber sorted before the 1/4 mile season kicks off again,won't do my grip off launch much good anyway.
I might knock the power runs on the head and let you fellas decide after i've posted some times off the drag stip :wink: