Gauges

lilmark

Not sure if this is the right section

Got bored yesterday whilst watching crappy sunday tv so thought i would finally fit me new gauge since they have been in me room for about 2 months collecting dust

Pic aint that good taken wiv a camera phone

Attachments

lilmark

Fitting them is quite easy until you get to the wiring part with each gauge having 4 wires apart from the boost gauge an finding a hole in the bulk head

EssexAaron & Fletch the pod is a universal gauge pod of ebay plain black one

nimhbk

i just drilled a big hole fella and stuck a rubber gromit in it.... and spliced all my wires in to the ones behind the heater controls, job done. hard part was getting the trim off

lilmark

i found it easy gettin the trim off my wires an vac pipe for boost gauge come through a big grommet in the drivers inner wing when you remove the sh1t gaurd its visible, whilst the pod was off the a pillar trim ive joined all the earths together an lives together an had them coming through 1 hole in the trim then down the pillar an joined the earth to an original earthing point by the fuses an took the live + of the ignition + of the standard gauge plug

leemh

i used the live feed (illamination)from the cigar lighter for my boost gauge just bout that easy.was re-wiring the stereo aswell though.

webba23

How easy was the universal pod to fit? Did it require any modifying at all. I'm having to fit one as needing new gauges so if you have any pictures of it then it would be appriciated.

Cheers

Matt

lilmark

Webba23 & Candian R - i will get some pics tomorrow for you, the hardest well time consuming is the cutting of the pod to make it fit snug to the pillar so it looks factory, as for fittings i tried double sided tape an it fell off within seconds with the weight of the gauges so its got 4 self tapper screws in hidden behind the top an middle gauges

hope this helps

webba23

Thanks for that Mark. I'm waiting for a universal pod to come that I got off of ebay so if you can the pictures would be good just to see how you've done it.

Cheers

Matt

CanadianR

sounds good. I was wondering about buying a double pod pillar as another option. They are on the right side for ebay UK but are on the left side for ebay canada and ebay america.:doh:

CanadianR

that would be excellent. The only problem with the ones on ebay is that some of them don't show the width of the setup. ie if the a pillar piece on the gtir is 65mm wide but when the pods get here they are 80+ mm wide or something.

Let me know how you go.

webba23

Got it yesterday and it is nowhere near as good quality as my single pod I have at the ment. I have offered it up to the pillar and it is not a straight fit as to look factory will need alterations. Once my gauge arrives it will be going in so once it's in I'll post some pictures up for you. I will reserve judgment on the quality of the materials until it's fitted.

Matt

MORF114

I fitted my gauge pod by cutting off the clip on the top of the oe trim and glueing it in place on the new gauge pod trim, holds pretty good but its a different make to the ones on ebay much more curved.