firstly to say hi and secondly a question

Godzilla

hi all got myself an R on friday will become a full member in a week or so as just got the car so funds are short at min, its a 91 , bluey/grey one with gold 17"rims(will be painted black as im not a fan of gold) will get some pics up when im a member .

anyay on to the question , im wondering if they have a built in turbo timer as mine runs for 30 secs once the key is out and ignition is the same if i dont start the engine ,but i put key in and take it out it will play stereo for 30 secs, i have a G-reddy profec2 (this wont control timer will it) and i cant see one hidden anywhere, its just anoying that if i pop down the road and have to do a couple of stops of at shops,nursery etc its going to be running for 30secs each time, i would rather drop it down to 10 unless iv been on a long journey.i will be buying a proper timer soon but just want to no if they have one built in to start with , any help much appreciatted and if this is in the wrong section please move it

thanks gaz

R

riske

That is random... I dont think they do come with a turbo timer built in. To get around this you could put it in gear and stall it.

Godzilla

lol suppose but would that not do any damage , as iv only had the car 3 days i might even have one but cant see someone fitting it behind a panel as would make it a pain to get at,

GTiR-Kid

I remember reading about someone who has a turbo timer that seems to be factory fitted, as above ^^^ fitted next to the electric mirror switch iirc

Godzilla

cant see one as there is not many buttons in them really, on a side note just found the umberella lol

only button i have that isnt standard is one next to the hazards , witch is a little green one think its for the rear fog but it dont work so god knows

Trondelond

Try to leave the handbrake off when you turn off the ignition (if you haven't already). A lot of turbotimers just shut the car down if the handbrake isn't applied.

Godzilla

i just checked out that other thread iv got the coin slot like most others, will try the handbreak thing now .

(edit) handbrake trick works thats weird as hell , so do i have one hidden somewere or factory, or the G-reddy profec2 control it nice to no.

im guessing if i was to do that on a hill then keep my foot on the brake will still have the same effect while i let off the handbreak ,so i dont roll back

Last edited:

Trondelond

Yep, you'll have to stop the car first, and then apply the handbrake. The turbotimer should be hooked up to the ignition, so you should be able to find it (if it's an aftermarket item) if you throw yourself on your back under the dashboard with a flashlight. :)

Godzilla

if it is an aftermarket one why would u hide it i wouldnt want to , im guessing if its a factory one it will just be a box of some sort with no indication to what is it on it ,

Godzilla

lol thanks mate , hopefully will be paid up member soon as im already one on the FTOOC but sold that to get this one

Trondelond

Godzilla said:
http://dev.pistonheads.com/sales/737969.htm

thats the one i got let me no what yall think only had it a few days but there isnt much biting point on the clutch and gear changing feels alot heavier than the fto did hope its not shagged
That says "* GREEDY TURBO TIMER". I'm assuming it's a Greddy. And the reason for hiding the bling is just because you have enough self confidence to not show off. ;)

R

riske

Nice. Why is there a random bottle balancing left of the rocker above the pulleys? That not touch the belts?

The timer maybe hiding where the ECU is... left of the pedals behind that strip. Also mite as well check if it still has that HKS ECU.

Godzilla

are u on about the white bottle behind the fmic pipe, not sure what it is but its got liquid in it,

also the greddy thing is the boost controller not a timer as i asked when i bought it.

one thing is with that exhaust its stupidly loud witch is not my thing so i need to tame it down abit , would changing the rear box to a smaller one say 3" instead of 5" make much difference.

are they all the same with the gearbox and clutch thing i no they will be stiffer than the fto im getting used to them now but seem like a tank

Godzilla

also going off the advert does it look lowered as iv not noticed any tell tale coilovers etc . but guessing it would be if they have spent the money on other areas like that.

R

riske

Err cant tell mate with coilovers from the pics but maybe... no struts tho so maybe not. Oh rite yeah can see it in the middle. Try and get a HKS silencer section to replace your decat and yes the 3", both will help. My clutch is very stiff, mine is a paddle. You'll get used to it. Enjoy

Godzilla

just had a look for this ecu and im guessing were the logo is its upside down as the face up side just has a quality control sticker on it, dont really want to unscrew it to find out but being nosey will get the better of me soon enough.

i did find a hks turbo timer set at 1 min though infront of the ecu and a hks AFR atached to that, im guessing as they have white sticky shite on em they were atached to the left of the steering wheel as mentioned above but must have beem moved to to catching his knee on it,

whats the AFR for its only got a manual dial on it no digi stuff