custom 650hp + gearbox

AshBhp

The gears on the right of the pic are the diff gears if i remember rightly and thats another AUD$1500 :shock:

E

Edd

I know quaiffe rate there box at 350bhp but as far as i know, nobody has broken one yet :?:

Bruce spence has been putting monster torque through it @ 2.1 bar boost and he hasn't damaged the quaiffe parts, granted other parts have broken so we need other shafts in the gearbox and centre diffs uprating.

Don't knock the quaiffe or underestimate it as it a lot better than std...and the other 650bhp rated alternative.

Also if the underpar is rated to 650bhp the quaiffe should be rated at 4000bhp :roll:

J

J-GTi-R

Yes but the underpar 'box problems are only due to them not being assembled properly...

For those that don't know, they have to be put together by rare Hungarian mountain elves in an isobaric chamber 3000 ft below sea level (it's all about assembly at the right pressure, which only the elves can stand). See, that's where everyone has been going wrong... :lol: :lol:

E

Edd

Oh sorry Jason, if only underpar had told the customers that in the detailed instructions they got :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Edd said:
I know quaiffe rate there box at 350bhp but as far as i know, nobody has broken one yet :?:
Is that the 3rd generation (assuming they are still on that)gearset, cos they did have some problems with the early ones from what was posted on here in the past.
They are abit conservative with their rating tho :wink:

A

Anonymous

Fast Guy said:
Is that the 3rd generation (assuming they are still on that)gearset, cos they did have some problems with the early ones from what was posted on here in the past.
They are abit conservative with their rating tho :wink:
i thought the early quaife sets had selection problems rather than breakages and my 3rd generation is holding up quite nicely even though it`s had some very hard treatment over the last few months :cry:

the quaife also needs some expert fettling to work properly and does not work 100% "right out the box" :wink:

they are quite considerably conservative with their gearset`s torque limititations 8)

O

Olly

£3500 sounds fair to me looks like all straight cut one off machined gears etc and shafts very nice, but noisey i bet, for the serious track car only along with your side exit pipe. :lol:

E

Edd

Vpulsar has a first generation quaiffe and when he had his box rebuilt quaiffe gave him the new 3rd gear for free as i think that was the only difference and as that miserable old tw@t oap-r said it was only some selection problems, nothing wrong with them failing :wink: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Edd said:
and as that miserable old tw@t oap-r said
when you are as old as methusala and have spent as much on your fukcing car as what i have,then we`ll see who is miserable fat boy :wink: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
oap-r said:
i thought the early quaife sets had selection problems rather than breakages and my 3rd generation is holding up quite nicely even though it`s had some very hard treatment over the last few months :cry:
Hand's up if I'm remembering it incorrectly and have made a mistake. Old age you know :wink: :oops:

A

antilag

heres an email from a company

Hi David

Anything is possible, depends on how much you want to spend? Initially I will give you a price on what we already manufacture-

1st-2nd Straight cut Syncro gear set- $2640
3rd Straight cut Syncro gear set- $835
4th Straight cut Syncro set- $835

1st-2nd Straight cut dog gear set- $3300
3rd-4th Straight cut Dog gear set- $2200 (includes billet steel 3/4 selector fork)

3/4 Billet Chrome moly selector fork- $385

Heavy Duty Final Drive- $1870

(All prices inc GST)

To change the gearbox to a sequential 6speed is a very time consuming process. To do 1off you would be looking at around $25,000, 5off around $22,000 and 10off around $20,000. Of the other items I have listed here we have most of them in stock.

Regards,
Simon

O

Odin

£1,800 not bad for 1-4 plus selector and add another $835 for 5th
and jobs a good'en :wink: 8) .

rob

GINGA

that box looks very good and the fact that you can get all the parts known to break uprated is a nice bonus 8)
There is also a company called FIX IT from sweden I think that does uprated gear kits for high powered cossies etc so they could also possibly help :?:

A

Anonymous

Fast Guy said:
Anyone do a 6 speed sequential box? :wink: (even for the Evo maybe?)
quaife do 1 and it was 15k when i asked several years ago so could be more expensive now :shock: