Crunch time

stugtir300

You shouldn't need a calculator to work it out stupid,you own a money pit like the rest of us idiots on here,maths should come easy,especially adding shit up.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Yes, on an old school Gt2871R. Picked it up today and oh. My. God. It doesn’t hang about! Absolutely awesome. The 3rd and 4th gear pull is insane!!! 5th is just stupid. Easily max out the top end. Don’t forget mine is stripped out and weights about 1050k. So addictive. Can’t get enough of it. It sounds different, idles better and the turbo flutter is great. A proper weapon. Kudos to Jody and Martin Battye. They’ve done a sterling job .
These are really postitive numbers!

Our builds are kind of similar overall, barring a few tweaks to the turbo and some engine work.
Depending on the ECU I run and a few other additions, I'm hoping I get something similar to your numbers (not that an actual figure is my goal)

Coupled that yours is also stripped out, it sounds like you've got quite the street weapon now!

Last edited:

Cathode

These are really postitive numbers!

Our builds are kind of similar overall, barring a few tweaks to the turbo and some engine work.
Depending on the ECU I run and a few other additions, I'm hoping I get something similar to your numbers (not that an actual figure is my goal)

Coupled that yours is also stripped out, it sounds like you've got quite the street weapon now!
I think you’re going to get something that puts a smile on your face Andy. It’ll be interesting to compare top trumps once yours is done and dusted considering we’ll have similar builds. If we were closer on the map I’d give you the keys to take it for a bloody good hiding and I’m sure you’d love it. It certainly has an urgent pace on it. I figured out that 360hp with 1050k of weight equates to about 315hp per ton which is better than an Audi RS6 on paper. And the way it took off down the A1 last week I’m inclined to believe it.

Last edited:

Cathode

RA I believe. I had questioned this a few weeks back as the revs seem a bit high and it seems to be all over in 5th pretty quickly but, I’m not experienced enough on the sr20 or it’s gear box to really know the difference. So RA it is as far as I’m aware. An interesting point that Jody made that my car at least, is showing higher revs than it actually is producing, albeit by about 200 rpm on the Rev counter. So my feelings on it are just placebo and I’ve got an RA.

Last edited:

MarkTurbo

Easy way to tell the difference between boxes is RB top speed in 5th is about 120 odd mph ;) 360bhp is perfect for a road car, leave it alone now else you'll start hating it when it breaks all the time :p

Don’t forget mine is stripped out and weights about 1050k
How much have you stripped out to get it that light :eek:

Cathode

How much have you stripped out to get it that light :eek:
Everything, and I do mean everything. No sound deadening. Carpet, plastics, air-con, seats bar the driver’s. I even think my new prop-shaft is somewhat lighter than the old one. Had it on the weigh bridge at the alpaca farm down the road. IiRC it was/is 1058k so I suppose it’s more like 1060k .

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Everything, and I do mean everything. No sound deadening. Carpet, plastics, air-con, seats bar the driver’s. I even think my new prop-shaft is somewhat lighter than the old one. Had it on the weigh bridge at the alpaca farm down the road. IiRC it was/is 1058k so I suppose it’s more like 1060k .
Any composite panels? With only that removed I'd have thought still over 1100kg.

Cathode

Ah! But are you accounting for the amount of chassis that’s missing from the rot??

No, seriously though, I’m sure you’re probably right as it’s not exactly for weighing cars so it's the next best thing. If they’re 1220 from factory 170k less is difficult to account for. I’m only going by what they told me from what I’m assuming is a digital read out.

If it’s 1200k it’s ok. it’s pretty much as light as it could be and moves along just fine :)

Last edited:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
When I stripped mine out - fully stipped, no aircon, plastic windows, fibreglass bonnet, race seat, fuel light on, NO cage, mine tipped 1080kgs too!

Mine was weight at a local recycling/skip hire location.

Unless the are out by a few kgs, I'd say 1100kgs stripped it not a bad target to make.

I need to have mine re-weighed again with cage to see what the scales say again.

Cathode

When I stripped mine out - fully stipped, no aircon, plastic windows, fibreglass bonnet, race seat, fuel light on, NO cage, mine tipped 1080kgs too!

Mine was weight at a local recycling/skip hire location.

Unless the are out by a few kgs, I'd say 1100kgs stripped it not a bad target to make.

I need to have mine re-weighed again with cage to see what the scales say again.
Previous owner has done similar to mine, plastic rear windows, no plastics anywhere in the car at all, including glove box or roof lining. I also had nearly nothing in the tank on purpose since there is a shell garage 100 yards down the road from the farm. I’d imagine if I took it somewhere else it’d probably be different. Just like power figures from different dynos.

Ultimately it’s not a big deal, I was just curious to know so as to get an approximate estimation of a power to weight figure.

astarozna

I believe they came out 1260kg from the factory sunroof model, so 40kg less if no hole in to the sky minus aircon, abs and other brackets, interior panels you might get down to 1100kg ish...not much you can do about a heavy bonnet sadly.

Cathode

I believe they came out 1260kg from the factory sunroof model, so 40kg less if no hole in to the sky minus aircon, abs and other brackets, interior panels you might get down to 1100kg ish...not much you can do about a heavy bonnet sadly.
That’s interesting and yeah, no sunroof in mine. I appreciate everyone’s knowledge on this. It helps to whittle it down to a more accurate weight estimation.