circuit sprint / fun day list

P

pulsarboby

old thread but im thinking of organising another of these days sometime during the summer if enough interest.
dates remaining for us to book the entire day with gti-r-us are 24th june or 22nd july (need some quick answers on these dates as there the only 2 left)
how many would be up for doing this again???

please only put your name down if you are serious about doing it
if theres enough interest il pay for the booking myself up front then take payment in full from each member will be around £40 for the day so cheap as chips
just like to point out that i make nothing from this its just a fun day out at little cost and a chance for everyone to meet up and rip the piss out of each other:lol:
see 1st page for event details as will be the same scenario

1) me
2) red herring
3)gtirjoey

Last edited by a moderator:
M

markwashington

I'd be well up for this Bob, but can only do the 22nd of July as I'm away for the whole of June. My car should be fixed by then as well, if not I'll just come in my mini as I'm sure that'll be pretty good fun regardless.

Mark.

P

pulsarboby

ok mark il go with the majority on the date side of things, i would prefer 22nd of july aswell.
you can bring any car you like, its fun trying to beat the Rs around there in a crap car and it can be done too, btw im not saying your mini is a piece of crap lol

its like totb but on a smaller scale without all the bullshit, plus you all have a chance to knock me off my perch on the short sprint circuit:lol:

1) me
2) red herring
3) gtirjoey
4) markwashington

M

markwashington

Don't worry Bob, my mini is a piece of crap :-D, I'll be bringing the R unless it dies again!

its like totb but on a smaller scale without all the bullshit, plus you all have a chance to knock me off my perch on the short sprint circuit:lol:
I thought we did that last year ;-)

It was great fun and was going toask you about a day there this year. I'll be in what ever date.

1) me
2) red herring
3) gtirjoey
4) markwashington
5) r called jay

Cheers, Ben.

P

pulsarboby

yep sorry ben forgot all about you:oops:
this year there has to be a winner though so its a battle till the end :lol: although joey was only a second behind us too.
hopefully this year il have the R running aswell

1) me
2) red herring
3) gtirjoey
4) markwashington
5) r called jay
6) ru55gtir

P

pulsarboby

1) me
2) red herring
3) gtirjoey
4) markwashington
5) r called jay
6) ru55gtir
7) shroom

need a minimum of 20 cars for this guys to get the £39 a car (otherwise prices may rise to cover shortfall) so if any of your mates are up for it and think they can whoop the R on circuit in their saxo or whatever nows their chance to prove it

pulsarmoley

Put me down Bob, i missed out last time thanks to a fooked engine, just got to get this boost problem sorted! 22nd July sounds good. Cheers for the parts the other day, turns out it was the leads :doh:

p.s my mates interested if there is a spare place (suzuki swift sport, standard.... at the moment)

Last edited:

jamesgtir

this was a great day last year. nice to meet fellow R owners. put me down please Bob. 22nd of july would be best for me but its your shout.

P

pulsarboby

1) me
2) red herring
3) gtirjoey
4) markwashington
5) r called jay
6) ru55gtir
7) shroom
8 jamesgtir
9) pulsarmorley

if any of your mates are up for it then copy paste them to the list there all welcome as ideally i need to fill 24 places

pulsarmoley

1) me
2) red herring
3) gtirjoey
4) markwashington
5) r called jay
6) ru55gtir
7) shroom
8 jamesgtir
9) pulsarmorley
10)pugwash (pulsarmoley's mate)

shroom

1) me
2) red herring
3) gtirjoey
4) markwashington
5) r called jay
6) ru55gtir
7) shroom
8 jamesgtir
9) pulsarmorley
11) Matt with a Honda lawnmower (shrooms cousin)

P

pulsarboby

1) me
2) red herring
3) gtirjoey
4) markwashington
5) r called jay
6) ru55gtir
7) shroom
8 jamesgtir
9) pulsarmorley
11) Matt with a Honda lawnmower (shrooms cousin)
12) pulsar paul

P

pulsarboby

anyone else on this guys???
i need to fill another 8 places minimum or event wont be happening unless i hike the price up to cover shortfall
need this sorted ideally by end of this week

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Let me check with the wife; it sounded like fun last year, and I suspect this can be as gentle (or hard) on the car as you want it to be without all the fuss of preparing for a track day. - The important thing to me is being able to drive it home again.

P

pulsarboby

yep its as easy or competetive as you want to make it george without any pressure, theres no trophys and no real winners its a fun day and a good chance to legally see how your car handles when it breaks traction.
just a good day all round at little cost
no helmets, you havent even got to wear a belt if you dont want to lol

plus theres the pub lunch of course:-D

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Put me down as a tentative in the "kochmobile". Hopefully with enough forward planning I'll be able to join in. Is the surface a smooth tarmac like a race track or a coarse concrete like an airfield circuit? Maybe a few more from the NW can convoy down? 22nd July is my only option.

Cheers,
Jim