chatter or dumpvalve

C

caz

http://home.clara.net/andy.c/fuzz.wmv
Right click and save

Ok guys, just found a poll on another Forum. Was interested to know what U link. Anyones R sound like this, and how do we get our cars to. I remember the group A cossies made that sound when Rallying, but I can't say I've heard many Road cars that chatter qite like that. :?

J

Jonny H

Duncan on here has a similar sounding dump valve, maybe speak to him! :wink:

MarkTurbo

I prefer the "chattering" noise to a dumpvalve anyday :p

You can get your R to do it by blocking off the dumpvalve outlet on the intercooler, the noise is just the air going backwards over the blades spinning in the turbo :wink:

Just waiting for all the "it'll damaged your turbo" brigade :twisted:

Think it does put more strain on the bearings in the turbo though :(

daz

mine chatters like a good un lol it sounds cool prefer it much more than the normal run of the mill hiss ;)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think mine sounds pretty similar to that, I only have an apexi induction kit on, the rest of the induction is standard.

C

caz

I understood it was the air going backwards towards/ over the blades. But can U have chatter without the prospect of stalling the blades.

C

caz

that's looked like quite a good launch for one of those 4door family car's
LOL, he 's probs removed the tarten blanket and flask from the boot for the lightweight approach :wink:

A

Anonymous

caz said:
I understood it was the air going backwards towards/ over the blades. But can U have chatter without the prospect of stalling the blades.
try a remote wastegate with a decent amount of boost,>1.4 bar,sounds the mutts :lol: :lol:

J

jonnyboy

if you lot want your car's to chatter :?:
take your mrs out in the car with ya :wink:

only joking lady's :)

B

bean

What is the general opinoin on running without a dump valve on an R?

I was thinking about removing mine cos I like the sound of wastegate chatter. 8)

J

jasegould

I get both from my DV.......if i close the throttle quickly from high revs i get a big loud ptscchhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if i gently let off the throttle I get chatter :D :!: :D :twisted: