Car holding back when accelerating

G

gav

Does this sound like the fuel pump. You can physically feel the car holding back. Got new plugs and fuel filter. :( :(

Fire & skill

Vintage member
i would fit diz cap and rotor arm, poss new plugs and clean the MAF sensor before replacing the pump, could be the FPR over fuelling. whats it like higher up the rev range? is it popping flames. you may also want to check the voltage to the pump

A

andy n

reground your maf sensor, do a fault code check as well. its all in the how to section

Dooie Pop Pop

check your voltage at the earth on the maf, cant offhand remember what its supposed to be below but if you do a search............ :wink:

D

DOT2DOT

Mine has been doing the same thing. Problem comes and goes. Car is standard apart from full straight through mongoose. Smells like its running rich + flames and pops on overrun. Standard boost gauge is reading 14 pounds, but i dont know how accurate that is. Does it seem high? Tried seeing what faults where stored. SHowed a code 55. Seemed a little better after clening terminals on leads and dissy, but could be co-incedence. Im getting hold of CONSULT later so hopefully that will show something up.

ki_saj_ng

DOT2DOT said:
Standard boost gauge is reading 14 pounds
the standard doesnt go up2 14psi :?

and 14psi isnt standard boost!

fuel pump - if this is going its more of a stutter and cut out, wont be able to cope during boost as it cant pump enough fuel.

G

gav

Changed the cap and arm and this has helped a whole lot. Tried cleanin them but did little. For the cost of them both its not worth the hastle cleaning. New fuel pump on when it eventually arrives should finish the job. :(

G

GTi-R Sara

Our car is doing a simular thing but only when it gets warm and it is on boost. It doesn't seem to be pulling full boost either as it is peaking around 5 - 5.5 psi, where as my friend standard Pulsar peaks at 7psi everytime.

You can drive through the hesitation all the way to the red line but I can definatly feel it.

G

gav

Yeah similer to that. Really bugging me now. Now fitted new plugs, leeds and regroung my maf sensor and still no different.

tomble

Gav:
My car does the exact same thing, was going to post the problem today but having read this it appears to be the same problem. i.e hesitating when crusing at 60mph not under boost.
It is especially annoying on the return trip from work along the parkway!

G

gav

New fuel pump and filter fitted yesterday. Along with re earthing the maf sensor and fuel pump. And guess what?. Still the same problem. F***ing cars. :x :x :x

G

GartracS2

If the car suffers from lack of power through any rpm in any gear MAF is usual culprit.

You need to come and see me and I can plug my consult unit into your DLC socket, we need to physically see what your car is actually doing.

In my opinion if its holding back are you using a standard boost control valve? Tell me what boost control method you are currently using.

I have 10 years Nissan experience ;)

PM me and ill give you my details. I wont charge for a consult 2 session ;) While your on here mate.

It will be summat and nothing.

Dont forget Nissan ER (Engine Room harnesses) have a few earths that may need cleaning up. Also check the ecm hasnt got damp.

G

gav

Dont think injector cleaner will help coz the problem would be exsagerated under boost.
I am using a bleed valve. Sounds crap but it holds boost fine. Cleaned all earths in engine bay And even changed the main earth to battery leed.

Gav, my car is holding back under part throttle boost sometimes. I've been told that the actuator is the most likely culprit- weak spring or summat. I'm also on a bleed valve. Do you find that you've had to wind the valve out further than you would normally to acheive the same amount of boost? If so, this would be more evidence for the actuator theory.