Brian Crower 2.35 stroker kit

Keira

pulsarboby said:
are you saying fit the darton liners but retain your original crank, mr weasel?

as thats what i was thinking of doing, as my liners are fooked.
yes bob, nail and head ;)

you can get 2.2 with out stroking, as allen says, the sr20 crank will take anything you throw at it, mazworks did 1000bhp on a standard crank

just get someone thats done liners on an sr to fit them, agra is a good bet by the looks of things. I spoke to gosnays who are nearest to us last year and nearly fell about laughing when he'd finished moaning about people buying from the states and actually quoted me his price for doing them

Keira

jpward said:
"Simile" if you had two educated brain cells that were able to spark off one another then, you would have realised it means, "To compare something with another"

Like YOUR as thick as champ Diesel weasel :lol: :lol: :lol:
seeing as its you we're dealing with no one knows if you're actually using the correct word in its correct context .

and for the record

simile actually means to compare 2 things that are completely different ;)

anyways, this isn't an english lesson, its a discussion about stroking an engine something you know nothing about.

Last edited:

Adam L

diesel weasel said:
yes bob, nail and head ;)

you can get 2.2 with out stroking, as allen says, the sr20 crank will take anything you throw at it, mazworks did 1000bhp on a standard crank

just get someone thats done liners on an sr to fit them, agra is a good bet by the looks of things. I spoke to gosnays who are nearest to us last year and nearly fell about laughing when he'd finished moaning about people buying from the states and actually quoted me his price for doing them
it's funny from the opposite perspective, you wouldn't believe the calls i've recieved...

Keira

Adam L said:
it's funny from the opposite perspective, you wouldn't believe the calls i've recieved...
explain ?

maybe im having a jpward moment but i for one havn't got a clue what your on about tbh.

stumo

diesel weasel said:
explain ?

maybe im having a jpward moment but i for one havn't got a clue what your on about tbh.

glad someone else doesn't know....i thought it was an old in-joke or something.

Keira

i doubt it, i think in this instance the legend that is jpward will accept he hasn't got a clue about the subject and leave well alone :lol:

P

pulsarboby

so the fcd does work then:lol: :lol:

that was a class thread, just read it!

i could name n shame many a person on here whos cars ive broke, thats had them fitted:twisted: but i wont.

marcymarc

diesel weasel said:
i think in this instance the legend that is jpward will accept he hasn't got a clue about the subject and leave well alone :lol:

No chance kieron :lol: his track record follows before him, the fcd thread clearly indicates that he needs a minimum of a 200 post thrashing to even think about accepting the truth :lol:

Keira

true,

he is after all the only person in the whole world that thinks a larger capacity engine will make your turbo laggier :shock: :lol:

marcymarc

This is actually a serious question, which ill no doubt get jpward treatment for :lol:

Cant the R engine be bored out to a 2.1?

P

pulsarboby

marcymarc said:
This is actually a serious question, which ill no doubt get jpward treatment for :lol:

Cant the R engine be bored out to a 2.1?

if you go any more than that on a standard block your risking serious overheating probs due to the waterways being very close to the liner.
i wouldnt like to push it more than 87mm, for reliability sake!

Keira

87mm is considered the max bore on standard liners.

even then there could be problems when running big power on the sr, i have some pics of a standard block that has egg shaped bores due to high cylinder pressures

marcymarc

Was reading a fast ford mag in a nobles waiting room the other day and i saw that cosworth have started making an all aluminium YB block as an upgrade for the cossies.

Havent any of you lot thought about having your own blocks machined out of aluminium? i thought that the r engine was aluminium by the way , but nobles said cast? :lol:

Last edited: