Brian Crower 2.35 stroker kit

radiobar

hi !

we plan to go for the 2.35 stroker kit.

now i was told that its better to use 89.5 pistons and not 90mm,
because of possible head gasket problems.

any info about this ?

and where can i get a 90mm head gasket for GTI-R?

or can we fit the 200sx one that comes fit the kit.

thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's probably better to go 89.5 so you have a rebore left if anything goes wrong.. Haven't heard about head gasket problems.

J

jpward

Odin said:
I'm sure he will be more than happy to give details of all the local gay bars :shock: :roll: .

Rob

No i cant remember your address Rob what is it again :p

stumo

2k, for that i'd get a 2.35 stroker kit, liners, gasket, oil pump and a few odds and sods.

J

jpward

stumo said:
2k, for that i'd get a 2.35 stroker kit, liners, gasket, oil pump and a few odds and sods.

Ohh are you going stroked then?

stumo

no, just the 2.2 kit

i was saying, if i was going to spend 2k, that's what i'd spend it on

stumo

whatever it produces.:lol:

i'll be happy with whatever, 2.2Ltr, 3071, cams, DP manifold, PFC etc etc, it should be fun.

Last edited:
M

micra man

whats the availability on this 2.35l stroker, id say it would be mental to use it with the gt35r tubby the evo boys use . what sort of bhp would it make on this spec taking into condersation a decent set of cams management and fuelling?

stumo

micra man said:
whats the availability on this 2.35l stroker, id say it would be mental to use it with the gt35r tubby the evo boys use . what sort of bhp would it make on this spec taking into condersation a decent set of cams management and fuelling?

Don't forget you'll need a lot of work done on the head, esp round the exhaust valve

J

jpward

micra man said:

At first look i would say a big laggy brute and then woosh all at once

That sort of spec on an R could make 5-600 id say but the work needed to get the rest of the enigne there is not worth it strokers are a bit like wild cams the wilder they are more high end flow but somewhere else has to suffer I dont think anyone here has much need above the GT3071R or GT3037R to be honest whats the use in all that extra power high end when the best features of the car is point and squirt! ;-)