Blueprint clutch

G

GTiR Jon

Anyone have any idea on how long a blue print clutch will last when running about 1.2 bar? Are they any stronger than standard?
My car is about to be setup at Hiteq with my e-manage and sbc3 and was wondering how long my clutch will last!? Its done about 1k.

Also what is the most boost i should be running with a turbo technics Hybrid T28 on standard internals (more than 1.2)?

Its got all the usual mods such as full mongoose and elbow, ind kit, bosch fuel pump, hybrid front mount, and uprated rad.
:?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
How longs a piece of string...

All depends on the material of the clutch plates... How its used... etc...

Some are designed to last 3k others 30k...

Just depends...

Rishi

G

GTiR Jon

Ok, was just worried getting it set up with higher boost would kill it when i put it on the strip in march. Would have bought an uprated one but i got it fitted 2 yrs ago and is only just back on the road but have started throwing money at everything else.
Any ideas on max boost anyone??

GTiR_Mic

I had a blueprint clutch in my Sunny GTi and it didn't last 3k miles :cry: it ended up in about 10 bits.

They are not an uprated clutch im affraid.

Mic

G

GTiR Jon

Yeah thats what im worried about :lol: As long as it lasts to kick my mates asses on the strip i dont care :twisted:
Funny thing is it said sunny GTI on the box and not GTiR!??
Suppose the advantage of it is that it''ll go before my gearbox :wink:

GTiR_Mic

To be honest I don't see it lasting mate in an R for to long, don't think it would be able to handle launches. Save that bit extra and get a good one, will save you the money of having the box out twice to swap the clutch.

Mic

GTiR_Mic

It never seen 4k miles, never launched or ragged out just went on me :cry: never got a penny back for the labour to clean up the damaged, the cost of that clutch and new one.

Mic

Gray

Yours is going on friday innit Jon to hiteq
mines going on monday i was planning to run 1.4 bar but think i might just run 1.3 max and 1.1 low and 0.65 off

Think the turbo is at max efficiency at around 1.3 bar

I got a fully organic helix clutch in mine that hiteq fitted in september av done about 5k on it doesnt slip at all yet altho i did launch the other day and it slipped like a bitch but not sure if it was wheel spin cos it was wet but didnt feel like wheel spin :shock:

but av only done about 4 launches on it think i just dropped the clutch at too high revs last time i did it

GTiR_Mic

I have a HKS organci in my R and I have never launched it onec and don't paln to till I get my Quafie in and then put a new clutch in as well.

Mic

Gray

Yeah dont think ill be launching again :lol:

Ive never launched in full anger really only from a few set of lights
Never bin on a strip with it and dont plan too

C

Crazy

Don't worry Gray, I launched my 370bhp GTIR many times at 1.4bar 6000rpm :twisted: and my Helix Organic was fine :wink:

It had only done around 3000-4000 miles though, but it has now been upgraded 8)

warringtonjack

My standard clutch has lasted me about 18 months now! :shock: :shock: Included quite a few launches, although granted only at 290bhp. Never slipped on a launch, although it has slipped a few times in third after a quick change when giving it some stick. I know I'll have to upgrade soon. :roll:

G

GTiR Jon

Gray said:
mines going on monday i was planning to run 1.4 bar but think i might just run 1.3 max and 1.1 low and 0.65 off
Not anymore mate :cry: They have just cancelled on me! Reckon they are too busy!!? Booked hotel and everything! What a fookin nightmare :cry: :cry:

C

Crazy

GTiR Jon said:
Gray said:
Not anymore mate :cry: They have just cancelled on me! Reckon they are too busy!!? Booked hotel and everything! What a oh no'in nightmare :cry: :cry:
Was supposed to get my car back from them this week also :wink:

But I have to get their courtesy car fixed first :oops:

G

GTiR Jon

Yeah been told i will have to pay a fee for cancelling hotel.
Hiteq also told me they arent taking anymore bookings for a few weeks.
Looks like im going to miss the dragstrip next weekend :cry: