best people for gearbox re-build?

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
steven_c said:
do u recommend a transfer box re-build while its all out? do both dont know anything about these box's..
When mine went bang it cost 2k to put right :cry:

I'd send the transfer box as well and ask whoever you choose if they think it needs anything ;-)

All it might cost then is the transport but it might give you "Piece of mind" :thumbsup:

Jon Olds

Why pay 2K when a s/h box is 250-350?
I know....
Peace of mind. Avoid the large labour bills next time around....
If only...
Life's a risk. A roll of the dice.
Enjoy the game

steven_c

its just load through the gears and does'nt go in to 3rd so am just going to take box off and get repaired.. then saart over again.. all will be fine.. dont want a 2nd hand one cos i could end up with same problem not worth it..

Mr GTiR

campbellju said:
Andy is a sheep so sent his box down south even though we've got a perfectly good builder in the NW :der: ;-) ;-) :lol: :lol:
Baaahhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

I did not find out about him till after my box had gone :doh: I could have dropped the dam thing off in Southport if i had known.

If i ever need anymore transmission work i'll take it to Southport next time :thumbsup:

Garef

Roughly how much to have yer standard box rebuilt, mines is crunching slightly as it goes into 5th and I think it's starting to do the same with 3rd?

A

a11ova

sorry to hijak the thread, but does anyone know who to get in cotact with for a PPG gearbox

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Mr GTiR said:
Baaahhhhhhhhhhh :lol:
I did not find out about him till after my box had gone :doh: I could have dropped the dam thing off in Southport if i had known.

:lol: :lol: :lol: PSML

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Garef said:
Roughly how much to have yer standard box rebuilt, mines is crunching slightly as it goes into 5th and I think it's starting to do the same with 3rd?
All depends on what horrors are found when they open the box.

I was £900 to get my quaife machined,shot peened and fitted with new bearings etc,so you could say that the max it's going to be is quite a bit below £900 no matter what they find.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
a11ova said:
sorry to hijak the thread, but does anyone know who to get in cotact with for a PPG gearbox
I bought mine direct from Australia which you can do. But you can also go through APEX Performance or Zen Performance as i believe they are both UK Dealers...

Rishi

Mr GTiR

Garef said:
It's the parts and VAT that bump up a bill. Bork rings, selector forks and bearings being the main bits to wear and need replacing. My bill from Hi Tec to rebuild my standard box was as follows:

£200 labour to strip and rebuild
£300 parts (bork rings and 2 selector forks)
£90 VAT

That was me taking the box out and taking it to Ian and refitting myself after it had been rebuilt.