Battery Box

STU666V

Ok Thanks,
It's just that i have a brand new one in the garage for the pulsar, Oh well anyone won't a new battery ;-)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
steve963 said:
just got the cable and junction box from a bmw a scrap jard 10quid bmw has battery in boot

Well done youv'e saved yourself about £10 and your now the proud owner of some nasty second hand wire ?? :der: :der:

steve963

stevepudney said:
Well done youv'e saved yourself about £10 and your now the proud owner of some nasty second hand wire ?? :der: :der:
the wire is like new, and I got a junction box, anyway im skint so there:p

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
nismo-400R said:
do you still do the battary in the boot kit steve with the battary box?
It really isn't worth it, as all I was doing was buying the necessary parts from VEHICLE WIRING PRODUCTS then custom making a Ali/polyprop composite battery box and supplying it all as a kit, I made next to nothing out of it as I was supplying the parts at cost and only making a little bit on the b/box. But as usual people said it was too expensive and tried to get me sell it cheaper :? usual something for nothing stuff which was impossible as there was no room to whittle anything from the price.

All those interested in doing this mod would be better off following THIS thread and buying the necessary parts from VEHICLE WIRING PRODUCTS and a b/box from RALLEY DESIGNS

gunmetalgtir

steve963 said:
and what you laughing at:lol:

hey tried to get a 250amp fuse and holder was quoted £48 from local car shop:shock:
Steve Pudney's classic line there, found it rather amusing! :-D

I don't care how much he was quoted! It was still a funny response!!! :lol:

steve963

well got the battery moved now. cable laid and trim/seats/carpets (lol) put back

started first time, so went out for a spin, stopped at cash point and it wouldnt restart, every thing kept 'flickering' on and off

left it there, went home to get some tools, upon my return found the bolt i put through the boot floor wasnt tight enough to get a good earth for the battery

engine bays looking good now, just need to get my front mount plumbed in and try to tidy up the wiring