Battery Box

SickBoy

The time has come for the battery relocation to the boot :lol:

Need the space :wink:

now where to get a battery box ???

Demon tweeks do them for 45 quid :shock: Now im not cheap :roll: but 45 quid for a plastic box seems a little steep to me

Now before you all say go to camping shop for one i dont want a red or yellow and white one needs to blend in with my interior :)

So any ideas or even better a volenteer to make me a nive polished ally one :D :D

Lee

Hill_Billy

try a boat or caravan sales place. they shouldnt be that ££££ plus they'll be water proof for when you go under water in your R

ah and about the colour point...

spray it?

OZ-Racing

SickBoy said:
polished ally
:roll: :roll: Are you trying to electrocute yourself :lol: :lol:
Why do you think they're made of plastic :wink:

As Hill_Billy says, get a standard one and stick some nice furry carpet to it or spray it :D

P

pyrotecnic

I currently work in a boatyard as engineer so will find out prices for u guys.

P

pyrotecnic

change in price now £6.80 + vat. Will measure up tonight sickboy. They are the smal box. The big box Is truck battery size while the small box is usual bat size.

rayman75

just buy one of them red top ones of flea bay and paint it, i have just bought one £13.00 deliverd.

and the size of it is
Size 200mm H x 270mm L x 180mm

GTiR_Mic

rayman75 said:
just buy one of them red top ones of flea bay and paint it, i have just bought one £13.00 deliverd.

and the size of it is
Just tyeped in var battery Box/Holder and couldn't see anything :(

Mic

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
SickBoy said:
Wot size is the box ??

Lee
Depends what battery you want to put in it :wink:

If you are going to put it in the boot though you ought to use a good strong powered UK size battery, the small Jap ones can't hack it in the boot.
When I first did mine I used the Jap battery, fitted it all, nice neet job, started the car (the Jap spec battery was new), drove down the road and warmed her up as normal but it was like I had 5 people in the car with me, it had lost that acceleration sparkle. Changed the battery to a big beefy UK spec one and all was as it should be, if not better again.

Lee, I made my own box out of an Ali/Plastic composite material. I was selling them with the battery in the boot kits I used to do but.......................

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
sorry ran out of time to finish the post :lol: was being screamed at :?

Last year I had put together all the bits to make a "battery in the boot kit" part of that kit was the battery boxes I made to order. Hand made Ali/Plastic composite material, made so you could spray them any colour you wanted.

I honestly cant remember how much the boxes were somewhere around the £30 mark I think. The whole kit, was all quality parts and included, cable, under bonnet junction box, isolator switch for mounting in the boot, 300amp fuse and holder, UK spec battery terminals and all the solder on unions for the end of cables, it all worked out to be about £100 I think.

I stopped making them as people wanted something for nothing how much "do you fit it for that as well" there was no point in pushing it as I was making didly skwat out of it.

Lee you have PM :wink:

rayman75

GTiR_Mic said:
rayman75 said:

and the size of it is
Just tyeped in var battery Box/Holder and couldn't see anything :(

Mic
this is the one i bought, just email the person, they arent selling any of the redtops at the mo, but no doubt they could get hold of some more.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4605666261&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1