Are we having another club meet this summer

P

pulsarboby

stop your whining bitches:lol:

japfest last weekend all in all cost me a whopping £1200 and all i had to show for it was a nigh on dead pulsarboby & mrs, due to a garage who did my tracking leaving the brake lines untied after he could not get the locking nuts loosened on the track control arm, that eventually led to brake failiure:shock:

a dead car, but i dare'nt even go there with my thoughts on that one:tape2: :roll:

a dead lorry after it was filled up with diesel contaminated with water which cost me over £300 to get brought back:roll:

but still the turn out was shite, you cant blame a trackday for this, as people were not forced to go on track:roll:
in fact no one is to blame at all.
the event itself, was in the wrong place, simple as that, and too far for a lot of people to come, if it had of by chance been held in the midlands somewhere then i think there would have been a far greater turn out, as its more local rather than localised to a lot of people.

there will always be people that bail out due to breakdowns and cars not ready, but thats something you have no power over!

imho i think there would be more people turn up at events if the club had planned more things to do rather than just look at everyone elses car.

ie you had to queue up for over half hour to get a coffee, then when you got to the front of the queue you ended up being told by some fat spotty bloke 'that coffee machines not working':evil:

if the club had provided a small marque, with generator (which i could have provided) then we could of all sat down and had a nice cup of tea with a jolly nice heated scone with jam & cream:lol: and a barby cold beers in a fridge etc etc!
more family friendly and more enjoyable for those that had made the effort to come;-)

the club should also take deposits for events which are non returnable, so if you say your going then go you will, or lose your deposit.

thats just my personal out take on it but im sure many of you's will beg to differ!

O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:
Mic and Bruce must have accounts with transporters by now... :lol:

Rishi

Does Bruce's car ever move off the drive long enough to need rescuing then :shock:, I've only ever seen it on the road once in the last 6 years :lol: :lol:, And that was the time he recorded that pitiful 383bhp with a 2.2 Lt stroker engine at 2.1 bar :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

marcymarc

At the end of the day all car clubs have the same problems, they all have members who live at different sides of the uk, why are we any different?

There is near on 700 "Active" members , if we could get 3% of that to a club do we'd be doing ok in my opinion, 5% would be mega!

O

Odin

pulsarboby said:
if the club had provided a small marque, with generator

I've got a generator two, Its new I've never used it :doh: :lol: , I think we should find a track up north a bit that would be better for all I think, I agree with the marque though, We could have hot coffee and tea on tap as well as the brewski's in the fridge, In my case diet coke :thumbsup: .

Rob

marcymarc

pulsarboby said:
stop your whining bitches:lol:

japfest last weekend all in all cost me a whopping £1200 and all i had to show for it was a nigh on dead pulsarboby & mrs, due to a garage who did my tracking leaving the brake lines untied after he could not get the locking nuts loosened on the track control arm, that eventually led to brake failiure:shock:

a dead car, but i dare'nt even go there with my thoughts on that one:tape2: :roll:

a dead lorry after it was filled up with diesel contaminated with water which cost me over £300 to get brought back:roll:

but still the turn out was shite, you cant blame a trackday for this, as people were not forced to go on track:roll:
in fact no one is to blame at all.
the event itself, was in the wrong place, simple as that, and too far for a lot of people to come, if it had of by chance been held in the midlands somewhere then i think there would have been a far greater turn out, as its more local rather than localised to a lot of people.

there will always be people that bail out due to breakdowns and cars not ready, but thats something you have no power over!

imho i think there would be more people turn up at events if the club had planned more things to do rather than just look at everyone elses car.

ie you had to queue up for over half hour to get a coffee, then when you got to the front of the queue you ended up being told by some fat spotty bloke 'that coffee machines not working':evil:

if the club had provided a small marque, with generator (which i could have provided) then we could of all sat down and had a nice cup of tea with a jolly nice heated scone with jam & cream:lol: and a barby cold beers in a fridge etc etc!
more family friendly and more enjoyable for those that had made the effort to come;-)

the club should also take deposits for events which are non returnable, so if you say your going then go you will, or lose your deposit.

thats just my personal out take on it but im sure many of you's will beg to differ!

Some very good points there boby mate, im just trying to get some movement in the club before the summer ends, im sure something can be sorted out.

What about JAE, thats about as central uk as your gonna get.

N

Nelson

The bottom line!

It doesn't matter how big a club is, 99% of owners don't want to risk their pride and joy (or rusty shed) out on a track or up the 1/4 mile incase they break something, FACT!

The modifiers might of had 60+ cars turn up at santa pod last year but i only saw about 3-4 pulsars do a run!

The trackday (that i went to) was arranged because everyone voted for it to happen, so i can't explain the poor turn out.

I reckom JAE is the best option for a big meet because everyone can just get pissed, eat bbq and talk about cars etc. No risk other than a hang over!! (plus i only live 20 miles away :) )

Just offering my opinion.

JAE is definitely the best option as said before, last year was excellent (apart from the freak storm that put a lot of people off) In my opinion a static show where everyone can just get together for some burnt bbq food and warm beer is always going to be more popular (and cheaper) for us skint owners. There could potentially be 5 of us coming from Huntingdon/St Ives alone so surely we could see 30+...??????

Keira

Odin said:
Does Bruce's car ever move off the drive long enough to need rescuing then :shock:, I've only ever seen it on the road once in the last 6 years :lol: :lol:, And that was the time he recorded that pitiful 383bhp with a 2.2 Lt stroker engine at 2.1 bar :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
i never even believed he was real until i met him :lol:

DanDud

I still think that a track day is a perfect place to have a large meet. Not everyone has to go on the track, they can just park up in a large car park, chat, drink beer and have fun and frollocks with the family.

I understand that loads of people are at opposite ends of the country, so either way its a long trip for a lot of people. It was a 530 mile round trip for me to go to Japfest, including track time.

Personally, i think in a few months, july, august time a few people should book in for a track day at Oulton Park. Its kind of in the middle of the country, has a large car park for people who dont want to go on track, and those that do its a really good circuit.

Unless theres any other tracks that are in the midlands?

marcymarc

Whats admin/powers that be verdict on this :confused: Can we sort something out or what?

Shall we try and get a list of definate names down over the next week or so?

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Sorry but I have to say the low turn out of numbers can only be down to the members not making the effort. Yes people may have breakdowns but at least people are making an make the effort t attend.

I have been a member and SW rep for two other clubs for the last few years and comming from Devon have had to travel all over the uk and Europe in my cars. If you really want to go you'll make the effort.

I'll also vote for JAE, have been there for the last few years and had a fab time each year. I'm happy to help out with any events, makes it more fun geting involved :thumbsup:

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
God im good.......:thumbsup: Hopefully JAE will get booked soon & we can get things sorted! Yes Ant & I should be there ;-)

marcymarc

marcymarc said:
Whats admin/powers that be verdict on this :confused: Can we sort something out or what?

Shall we try and get a list of definate names down over the next week or so?

As above!

Dont want to waste anytime with this!!

Last edited:

ashills

jae is all very well but once uve looked round cars once etc there isnt really a lot to do
why not try and get a stand at the jap show in june at pod and get some numbers there for that its a good turn out of all jap cars and is over 2 days

marcymarc

ashills said:
jae is all very well but once uve looked round cars once etc there isnt really a lot to do
why not try and get a stand at the jap show in june at pod and get some numbers there for that its a good turn out of all jap cars and is over 2 days
Alan mate im up for what ever, jae is just an idea, would you and Ed turn out to the pod?

marcymarc

Rishi has ok'd a thread for potential names for JAE :thumbsup:

I reckon the jap show at the pod is a bit to soon to be able to get people rounded up etc.

P

pulsarboby

il be going to that japshow at the pod! it does sound really good with loads of different stands and stuff to do.

like ashills said, unless your one of those kind of people that like walking round videoing engines and knocking one out over them:roll: , then its boring after a while.
theres also the added bonus of running your car on the strip, so loads to do there!

i may even take my gaywoo korando turbo charged diesel woooow:p up the strip and see if i can crack 22 seconds:lol:

marcymarc

The problem with the Jap show is its 4 weeks away, i doubt that would be enough time to arange a proper CLUB MEET , JAE gives 2 monthes of preperation, but i dont really mind where we go as long as it involves the CLUB getting together.