Are we having another club meet this summer

marcymarc

Hello chaps,

Just wondering if there are any plans for another club meet over the summer?

Would be nice to see all the oc together...or at least a good few of us.

I know the national day has just gone, but in all fairness it was a trackday rather than a club get together,In my opinion its really hard for your average pulsar owner to commit to a track day, as its such a struggle keeping them working day to day :lol: never mind a 600 miles round trip to get to the track and back ,then your major track thrash aswell.

Surely there is time to arrange a bit of something, theres loads of summer left.

If the club could get 20 or so R's to turn out then i rekon that would be mega, if a good bulk of the mods,area reps and admin could come then that would be basically be half that 20, so its possible.

Years ago, people on this site used to say "the forum is not the club....it is a facility of the club" , would it be to much to ask to try and and make this a valid statement?

There is way to much talk goes on and not enough action with this club , its up to the powers that be to set a standard to the rest :lol:

How come the modifiers club is bigger, has more members and gets better turn outs to there club do's? , the reason is because its a better "CLUB" , they havent got a better "FORUM" by no means , we're the forum daddys :lol:
but if you were to look up the meaning of club you would find that the modifiers meet that criteria more than we do.

Dont get me wrong, i love this forum (i spend enough fekin time on it :lol:) and i think you lot are great, please dont think im saying any different. :thumbsup:

MarkTurbo

marcymarc said:
If the club could get 20 or so R's to turn out
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :pound:

Its not the club thats the problem its the owners, they dont want to do f**k all. Then you've got to allow for the fact that a good percentage will always break down and not be able to go :lol:

Look at japfest last week, after the pathetic turn out for that and what it must have cost to pay for all the track time etc i bet the organisers will think twice about doing that again :doh:

marcymarc

MarkTurbo said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :pound:

Then you've got to allow for the fact that a good percentage will always break down and not be able to go :lol:
:
Exactly Mark , thats why i think the track idea was abit crazy :lol: , well in fact it wasnt crazy thats not fair to say, but a track day was never gonna be the makings of a national day (if you get my meaning)

MarkTurbo

marcymarc said:
a track day was never gonna be the makings of a national day (if you get my meaning)
I think you're wrong there ;-) At japfest in 2003 we had a big club stand there and a really good turn out of R's on the track session too 8)

marcymarc

MarkTurbo said:
I think you're wrong there ;-) At japfest in 2003 we had a big club stand there and a really good turn out of R's on the track session too 8)

That was 2003 though mate, im talking about 2007, half the owners on here were still doing there gcse's in 2003 :lol:,
and if im wrong then Mark....... where was the big club stand and good turn out on the track this year?

Im on about now!

MarkTurbo

marcymarc said:
and if im wrong then Mark....... where was the big club stand and good turn out on the track this year?

Im on about now!
That was my point, back then people wanted to do things like that. Not anymore though.....................maybe the solution is to hold the national day at a mcdonalds drivethrough :lol:

The sad thing is if they did hold it there you'd probably get the best turn out ever :frusty:

marcymarc

MarkTurbo said:
That was my point, back then people wanted to do things like that. Not anymore though.....................maybe the solution is to hold the national day at a mcdonalds drivethrough :lol:

The sad thing is if they did hold it there you'd probably get the best turn out ever :frusty:

Yeah i get your meaning mate, im not trying to be argumentative with you, its just if debates like these dont take place i dont see how anything will ever happen.

:thumbsup:

PaulB

marcymarc said:
i think you lot are great
cheers :thumbsup:

no really, i can see what you mean though, Im well looking forward to japfest at knockhill and having a bit craic, the more I spend on the car, the more involved i get (oh dear) and i dont think it`l be sold for a long while yet.

If the national day hadve been a month or two later id have been there, but my car had just been rebuilt, and id just come back off me hols with the lads, so had to spend time with the missus ! !

MarkTurbo

marcymarc said:
Yeah i get your meaning mate, im not trying to be argumentative with you
I didnt think you were being argumentative ;-) I agree with what your saying though, especially the bit about there being to much talk and not enough action ;-)

PaulB

As many people as poss should get to japfest at knockhill, its still a month away and should be a nice hot summer day :)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
PaulB said:
As many people as poss should get to japfest at knockhill, its still a month away and should be a nice hot summer day :)
Think that would be SpeedFest!

Rishi

marcymarc

PaulB said:

Yeah it would be good i agree, but its not such a nice prospect for say Markturbo who lives in Devon, best part of 16 hours round trip for him :lol: and a track session ?:lol:
Needs to be something a bit better for everyone around the UK.

O

Odin

MarkTurbo said:

You know why 2003 was so great ?, It was because I was there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I think a lot of the problem is, That the most dedicated of us have all gone down the big power route which I'm starting to believe is a mistake, I could of been driving my car and having fun every weekend instead of it sitting in the bl00dy garage doing f*ck all year after bl00dy year :doh: :der: .

If we had all kept our cars to a sensible power level then we would of all been able to turn up to more events :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:.

Rob

PaulB

marcymarc said:
Markturbo who lives in Devon
thats his silly fault :lol:

Rob, once the bug for more power bites you just keep going and going, Im gonna try my best to not get bored with the power and enjoy it for what it is. But it`l be hard !

O

Odin

PaulB said:
Rob, once the bug for more power bites you just keep going and going, Im gonna try my best to not get bored with the power and enjoy it for what it is. But it`l be hard !

I think its a mistake to go over about 360 bhp personally ;-) , That is plenty for a GTIR to cope with, And should be obtainable for a standard engine and gear box set up, But a quaife box would make it a near bullet proof set up.

Would be a great track car and also do low 12's all day long.

Rob

chiefpulsar

It seems to me that most R owners seem to be up manchester way and onwards, i'm in dorset by bournemouth along with a couple of others and as much as i'd love to go too knockhill its way to far.

The thing is there arn't lots of pulsars on the road these days and the GTi-R community is spread out all over the country (although to me it seems there are alot more R's up north) and it would be great if we had a good turn out for the club with plenty of R's but it'll be hard to do although very possiable

O

Odin

chiefpulsar said:
and as much as i'd love to go too knockhill its way to far.

How do you think I feel then :doh: :cry: , Knock hill is a 150 miles down the road for me :shock: , Let alone bl00dy santa pod or castle coombe which are both around 600 miles each way :shock: :doh: .

I did make JAE the other year though which was a 1200 mile round trip, But was worth the effort :thumbsup: .

It cost me a £90 each way in fuel last time plus hotel/food and the entrance fee to get in, So its not cheap :shock: , Plus I'm f*cked from the long drive there and back in two days :cry: .

What we need in Scotland is a lorry transporter with space for four cars on it, Then me bruce/rishi and mic can all come down together :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Odin said:
What we need in Scotland is a lorry transporter with space for four cars on it, Then me bruce/rishi and mic can all come down together :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Mic and Bruce must have accounts with transporters by now... :lol:

Rishi