arc uprated top mount

leemh

and with fmic you gotta cut bits and remove and relocate bits.not for me.arc's the way forward

stumo

you certainly don't have to cut out the bumper.

I know of 3 that haven't been cut despite having three different front mounts.

leemh

answer me this nissan and car comanys spend millions on designing a car and it's engine.then you go f**k it up with a FMIC.ARC's plenty good enough for what i want.

Braveheart

I'm not a great follower of trends and question anything that the main stream follow.
Obviously the change from TM to FM for the pulsar is a tried and tested improvement.
Sh1t.... :lol: ;-)

stumo

Feck off jesus :lol:

My car came with a Norris front mount, like you i don't like the "normal" front mounts with their 30 foot of piping.:der:

marcymarc

front mounts on gtirs look absolutly hideous, i know the function beats the looks but they just dont suit the car at all .

stumo

How many times do i have to type.......You Don't Have To Cut The Frikkin Bumper When Fitting Fmic's

FFS

marcymarc

stumo said:
You Don't Have To Cut The Frikkin Bumper When Fitting Fmic's

Ffs

Never?? :doh: if you dont cut the bumper then your actually ristricting the air that would be able to pass through if it wernt for the bars being there. :lol:

stumo

unless you've got a frikkin stupid sized one i doubt that anyone HAS to cutout the bumper.

I have a Norris one...doesn't need cutting
Mate has a no-name one...no cutting
Nephew has a XS Power one(same as a forge i believe) no cutting needed.

I think cut bumpers look shit too.

marcymarc

stumo said:
unless you've got a frikkin stupid sized one i doubt that anyone HAS to cutout the bumper.

I have a Norris one...doesn't need cutting
Mate has a no-name one...no cutting
Nephew has a XS Power one(same as a forge i believe) no cutting needed.

I think cut bumpers look shit too.

Did i say that they NEED to be cut out, its just the fact that not doing is ristricting air flow possible by nearly a third id say, the number plate holder and cross bars area is a third of the possible area of air flow, dont you agree?

stumo

:lol: I've had far too much schnapps to agree to anything apart from the fact that a cut bumper looks shite.

marcymarc

stumo said:
:lol: I've had far too much schnapps to agree to anything apart from the fact that a cut bumper looks shite.

I think youve just been spanked Stu mate :lol:

Yep its a sure fire way to make your R look like a chav mobile and make every other road user think your a mong!!

stumo

spanked? i wish i had been, it would have made the evening much more interesting.

If you're trying to do the (yank) oneupmanship then i don't go in for that crap, if you feel you have to win then i will let you cos i really don't give a feck.

It's not a weakness, you're the one with the problem.

marcymarc

stumo said:
spanked? i wish i had been, it would have made the evening much more interesting.

If you're trying to do the (yank) oneupmanship then i don't go in for that crap, if you feel you have to win then i will let you cos i really don't give a feck.

It's not a weakness, you're the one with the problem.

Time for you to go to bed stu, to much schnapps for you tonight matey :lol:

I take it from the tone of your post you are admiting to being spanked :lol:

stumo

minute schnapps is awesome.

have a measure (or two) of schnapps, put it in your mouth for a minute, then swallow it.

mmmmmmmmmmm

antgtir

I have the ARC TMIC and have noticed that due to the design of the core being different i.e. bigger vanes and less number of fin lines the heat is not stored as much as the standard.

I ran from Liverpool to Manchester at 07:30am so stuck in traffic, got to work, stood the car running for a few mins, popped the bonnet and felt the TMIC, it was only slightly warm, were the standard TMIC would be scorching.

I think the performance gains are seen purely due to the ability of the air able to pass through the ARC compared to the standard.

I measured the dims of the ARC and compared them to the standard and found there to be negligable difference, so imho the performance lies in the acceptance of the ARC to pass the flowing air.

Ant.