arc uprated top mount

leemh

anyone know where i can get an arc uprated top mount from? before you say it no i DO NOT want a front mount.cheers:thumbsup:

soin

you ll have to keep your eyes peeled for a second hand one on ebay or off of here , they re worth it though , i hate what my front mount s done my power delivery , really laggy in comparison to the standard positioned arc i sold , they do come up for sale .. you just have to be patient

marcymarc

They have come back into production recently, your better off getting one from greenline, they totally kain newera parts all over price wise!!!

Trip

does anyone know how much CFM will the ARC flow or up to what psi/bhp its cappable of ?

Trip

saddler said:
Would it not be cheaper to get a custom Fabricator to make one up.to the Arc Spec..??.
If you find one company who does a core the size of the ARC or a standard one, pleae let me know.

J

jpward

Trip said:
If you find one company who does a core the size of the ARC or a standard one, pleae let me know.
I have been quoted £350~400 for a custom top mount which i seen on another car with great fabrication both on design of end tanks and general fabrication maybe i should ask for a more difinative price if there are a few interested?

Braveheart

jpward said:
I have been quoted £350~400 for a custom top mount which i seen on another car with great fabrication both on design of end tanks and general fabrication maybe i should ask for a more difinative price if there are a few interested?
I'd consider a good quality top mount.
My front mount is still in the box.... ;-)
The ARC works out at 612 quid.. :shock:

Trip

jpward said:
What size is the core ?

I have made a design for the biggest possible TMIC which can fit on top of the engine and came out with this.

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3

This was made with the engine out, so its not very accurate. Anyone interested can double check if the size i did will fit .

neil240z

i am not a fan of front mounts either, the pick up through each gear on the top mount is so much better IMO, i would go for a modded TMIC and water injection.

jameswrx2

What's the problem with front mounts? It's the sensible option if you ask me. I don't understand the pickup/lag 'problem' with front mount fitted. The gti-r is one of the fastest spooling 2.0L turbo's I've driven (if not the fastest). Even if you get a tiny bit more delay it's only forplay at the end of the day :D I love the turbo shove and if people moan about lag they should be driving normally aspirated cars IMO

I've driven lots of GTi-R's and the only ones that felt strong as fook had front mounts.

marcymarc

jameswrx2 said:
What's the problem with front mounts? It's the sensible option if you ask me. I don't understand the pickup/lag 'problem' with front mount fitted. The gti-r is one of the fastest spooling 2.0L turbo's I've driven (if not the fastest). Even if you get a tiny bit more delay it's only forplay at the end of the day :D I love the turbo shove and if people moan about lag they should be driving normally aspirated cars IMO

I've driven lots of GTi-R's and the only ones that felt strong as fook had front mounts.

The problem with front mounts is that that they look hideous on a gtir :lol: .

Braveheart

marcymarc said:
The problem with front mounts is that that they look hideous on a gtir :lol: .
What's this I LOVE **** bit in your signature.... it that because you are getting used to being shagged..... :shock: :doh:

Anyway, that was a good point, why hack the fcuk out of a perfectly good front end in the need for a couple of ms less lag.
We are wrong though as any tunner that I have discussed this with says ditch the top mount.... :shock:

I say no.... I would like to blanket the heat from the engine and increase the cooling properties of the TMIC... larger core, water injection... blah blah.

What do you get, 10-15 miles worth of water for injected cooling... :doh: that' only 5-6 laps....

stumo

The problem with front mounts is that that they look hideous on a gtir
only if you cut the bumper:der: :doh: :der: :doh: :der: :doh: :der: :doh: :der: :doh:

Last edited: