arc uprated top mount

youngsyp

antgtir said:
I measured the dims of the ARC and compared them to the standard and found there to be negligable difference, so imho the performance lies in the acceptance of the ARC to pass the flowing air.

Ant.
If that's the case, there's nothing stopping owners from cutting the OE core out and using the very well designed OE end tanks on a more efficient core ?!

I wonder if Allard Motor Co would be able to do that ?!

antgtir

youngsyp said:
If that's the case, there's nothing stopping owners from cutting the OE core out and using the very well designed OE end tanks on a more efficient core ?!

I wonder if Allard Motor Co would be able to do that ?!
I would say thats a definate possibility mate, just glad i got it second hand, although saying that they've held their value very well :roll: :lol:

I still feel happier with something that breaths a little easier, the less unecessary strane i can put on the engine the better imo.

Ant.

Trip

As i said, there are many companies who supply cores but i did not find one which has a core with appropriate dimensions

Trip

Braveheart said:
The OE core is 15x13x3 inches approx.
Are you sure ?

its for sure 60mm deep. I wil double check the other 2 but if my mind serves me right its 350mm wide x 300mm length.

The ARC core should be identical but 76mm deep (3")

Braveheart

Sorry Trip, I had jotted down your measurments from page two pic 2 and got them mixed up for the OE size.
I have just checked to OE core now and it's as you state above, 350w x 300l x 60d (mm)
That now equates to 14 x12 x2.25 (inch)

Braveheart

It would be good if we could find room got this:
Maybe with bonnet spacers fitted!
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Intercooler Core - Garrett GT 18x12x4.5[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Quantity in Basket:none
Code: ATP-INT-007
Price:$495.00

Shipping Weight: 15.00 pounds
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Quantity: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Garrett GT High Density / High Efficiency "Bar and Plate" Intercooler Core.
18" Wide x 12" Tall x 4.5" Thick Comes ready to assemble onto end tanks.
550-600 HP Flow Capacity.
[/FONT]

Trip

The closest I found was 12x12 with either 2.25 or 3" deep cores.

A 14" width Core is hard to find. I calculated the max width to clear the throttle cable would be 380mm (14.93") leaving marginal space for a tapered end tanks similar to the OE.

jameswrx2

marcymarc said:
The problem with front mounts is that that they look hideous on a gtir :lol: .

Well that's a personal opinion. I'd say a lot (maybe most) like the look.

I know when I changed mine it made the car look a lot more agressive, even a work mate that hates gti-r's had to agree it looked a lot better.

Anyway, back on topic..

Why not go for a charge cooler? A mate had one on his gti-r and it seemed to work quite nicely.

marcymarc

Ban him!!!

James has tryed to help this guy out and hes just mugged him off with a chavtastic one word answer,

Please just **** him off to the modimongs.

leemh

sorry for the rude comment i was trying to do 3 things at the same time.no mate think i'll go with the arc TMIC thanks for all the feedback and input from everyone.