arc top mount info required

marcymarc

diesel weasel said:
see, i told you you'd all notice the difference ;)
Wouldnt you reccomend these at all mate?

I really like the idea of them as im a stickler for originality, the thought of cutting bits of my r is not a nice thought.

ashills

kierons probably the wrong person to ask as the only bit left on his car from nissan is the windscreen lol

Keira

marcymarc said:
Wouldnt you reccomend these at all mate?

I really like the idea of them as im a stickler for originality, the thought of cutting bits of my r is not a nice thought.
if you could find one an arc is more than up to the job for average mods/power figures, i did some work on kyepans old gtir 2 years ago and that was on an arc intercooler, went well enough for a 1bar gtir but 1 bar is a pile of shite on a t28 :lol: it definately does the job but then again so does the standard topmount reasonably well, i think it was ashbhp that did 340 on a standard intercooler a few years back

like allen says, and without trying to sound like a complete @r5e im so f*cking uninterested in basic run of the mill parts i could almost cry at the very mention of them :lol:

theres so many cheap front mounts available now that will support over 400bhp it seems abit of a no brainer spending on a second hand arc topmount, you can, with abit of work get the front mount on without chopping the car to pieces.

if i was going for a stealth look on a averagely modded gtir i'd go with a barrel cooler, depsite what people say about charge coolers ;) the gtir turbo set up is almost perfect for one

Last edited:

marcymarc

diesel weasel said:
if you could find one

Arc have re-intruduced these top mounts so i could buy one brand new :thumbsup:

The spec i have is a full mongoose,blitz filter and a walbro fuel pump, im going for a unichip fitted and mapped to 1.1 bar at noble motorsport in the next few weeks...so with what youve said it seems the arc intercooler will be fine.

Keira

yeah, it'll be fine, but so would the standard intercooler core running only 1.1bar, when looking at any realistic gains by swapping to an arc you'd have to see gains per pounds spent to see if it was a worthwhile swap.

its a shame we have no 'real tuners' involved with these cars on a personal level, back to backs of different set ups could be done then to prove or disprove any gains from one set up over the other..as it stands, everyones opinion of most things is purely their opinion..

it would be interesting to see what gains, if any could be had with an arc core over standard at the same boost levels,

if allen wasn't so gay :lol: we could stick a standard topmount back on his car and see what happens intake temp wise/power output at certain boost levels on the 3071 on a topmount, see if 400bhp is achievable, that would be an eye opener if it was 8)

Last edited:

marcymarc

diesel weasel said:
yeah, it'll be fine, but so would the standard intercooler core running only 1.1bar, when looking at any realistic gains by swapping to an arc you'd have to see gains per pounds spent to see if it was a worthwhile swap.

its a shame we have no 'real tuners' involved with these cars on a personal basis, back to backs of different set ups could be done then to prove or disprove any gains from one set up over the other..as it stands, everyones opinion of most things is purely their opinion..

it would be interesting to see what gains, if any could be had with an arc core over standard at the same boost levels,

if allen wasn't so gay :lol: we could stick a standard topmount back on his car and see what happens intake temp wise/power output at certain boost levels on the 3071 on a topmount,

Do you reckon it would be interesting if i had the car rolling roaded with the standard and then the arc , it would work out a tad expensive but im sure i could sort something out with nobles.

Keira

if they'd do it, get it mapped on the arc and then chuck a standard one back on to see if there is any difference in intake temps/output doing it that way your all set up on your arc core and it wont take 5mins to swap back onto the standard one

you can but ask

with the upcoming rolling road days theres a chance for some back to back runs between the 2 cores to be had, if a few peeps chipped in for the second run it aint going to cost alot for anyone interested to find out ;)

on a different note, i was reading about a guy with a civic that made 70hp by swapping from an ebay core to a garret core, no other mods (allegedly) so better cores will make more power on their own, he was well over 500bhp at 2bar but shows how efficiencey of the intercooler not just size is very important

Last edited:

MarkTurbo

marcymarc said:
Front mounts look chav on gtirs though, i can see why people like the arc replacements.
They dont have too, mines got a front mount lurking away behind the bumper ;-) But i know what you mean, most people chop the whole bumper apart which looks all wrong in my opinion :?

Keira

you got yours cheaper than cheap, it doesn't count :lol:

although it does look good like that, car is looking well considered its owned by a fag :lol: did you notice a difference by swapping ? when you fitted it you hadn't done anything else iirc

MarkTurbo

diesel weasel said:
you got yours cheaper than cheap, it doesn't count :lol:
I bought it off a right nobber too :lol:

I fitted my tubular manifold and turbo elbow at the same time so i cant say for sure about the differance :doh: But at interpro last year it made 305 bhp at just under a bar and two 1 bar R's with topmounts both made about 275 bhp, but im not sure how much of that was down to the manifold and elbow!

30 bhp from a frontmount, tubular manifold, and turbo elbow seems like a good result to me though 8)

Keira

if the intercooler is more efficient you'd be getting less pressure drop and better cooling (lower intake temps) so gains should be seen somewhere whether its torque or bhp

marcymarc

diesel weasel said:
if the intercooler is more efficient you'd be getting less pressure drop and better cooling (lower intake temps) so gains should be seen somewhere whether its torque or bhp

This will probably sound stupid to you :oops: but i always had it in my head that an uprated cooler was more about torque gains than bhp gains, dont know how i came up with that stupid theory:oops::lol: