arc top mount info required

P

pulsarboby

ok chaps i need a little help please:-D

i recently bought a car to break and it was sold with an ARC tmic.
im selling the intercooler to someone on this site who desperately wants it!

now heres my question!
this intercooler has ARC in sprayed lettering on the top of it and has an arc sticker on the surround but other than that it looks just like a standard intercooler which sits in the standard frame surround.

now the guys paying a fair price for this intercooler and i want to make sure that it is an ARC that hes getting for his hard earned readies, and not some sort of copy!

so how can i tell if it truly is an ARC?

hes a nice bloke and i dont wanna rip him off with some sort of fake copy.

im sure one of you gtir boffins will know, and may even have a genuine one fitted yourselves.
help would be much appreciated on this one, as hes all excited about recieving it, as i was gonna send it out today for him!

rossdj1983

i had one on mine mate, to be honest i questioned wheater or not it was the real deal.
does the standard ones have nissan stamps ?

P

pulsarboby

i dont know anything about them theres no nissan motiff on it ross.
ive even done a search on the net and cant find anything to describe the difference.
if i thought it was a fake then id sell it on ebay or something, but dont like selling iffy stuff from this site.
very hard to find info on them

rossdj1983

is there a nissan stamp on the stock one? i asume you got one mate?

ps. you stuff goot posted today chap, sorry for the delay

P

pulsarboby

no worries matey!

dont know tbh never really looked at one, would assume theres some sort of marking on it though.

wheres the weasel when you need him:roll: you must know kieron!

P

pulsarboby

cheers ross thats more than i could find!!!
very hard to tell the difference from standard, other than the sticker on the side and the arc sprayed on the top.

Tim GTiR

It should have an ARC plaque on it as below (this is a GTiR ARC intercooler)

They came with or without ARC lettering on the top, as you could spec it without.

Hope this helps :)

Tim

P

pulsarboby

thanks tim, thats what i needed to know!
there looks like there was a plate there once as it has 2 rivet holes but no plate:?
so its anybodies guess really, think il just phone him and explain my findings then its upto him!
thanks for the help guys:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

evidentally there the same size as original from what i can gather, which makes it very hard to tell the difference from a fake to a real one!

geoff pine

rossdj1983 said:
is there a nissan stamp on the stock one? i asume you got one mate?

ps. you stuff goot posted today chap, sorry for the delay
No it will say calsonic made in japan pat app 48-86547 the thing is to compare it to an original the label is on the back and i have seen a photo of one with a name plate with arc riveted on it

Last edited:

Keira

pulsarboby said:
wheres the weasel when you need him:roll: you must know kieron!
top mounts are gay :lol:

the arc core is different, you will see it the minute you put a standard one next to it