Anyone want their GTI-R clutch changed?

ian c

If anyone wants their clutch changed in the near future, pm or email me as i have some free time before xmas!

Much cheaper than the tuners and more convenient!

Cheers, Ian C.

ex-gtir

welcome to the fold of clutch changers were becomeing a forum full of clutch guys eh olly :wink:
who much do you charge and where are you based :shock:

P

purplemonster

i did my own ,with the help of muppet

not as bad as i thought it would be ,and we did it by taking the egine and box out complete

ROB

ian c

depends on the level of tune the car is!
the more i have to strip off, the more it is!

Northampton - but do it at your house, mileage depending!

Ian C

P

purplemonster

LOL
i have to be honest the more mods i am doing to the car the less work it will be to do my next clutch,i think if ur sensible,u will keep removing the engine in mind for when the clutch changing moment arrives ,and u know it will

rob

P

purplemonster

the hardest part of the whole clutch changing fun,is mating the gearbox/transfer box setup back to the engine .that took ages ,but the whole job inlcuding popping down my local parts surplier for antifreeze took 5 hours and that was my first time and didnt have a clue before i started ,
i am a tech thou ,so i had a good idea

the next one should take allot less time lol

O

Olly

Welcome to the GTi-R clutch fitting clan :lol: :lol: :lol: I do mine in situ work that one out then :lol: (its a secret :wink: ) Wonder how many he will do Mike before he has enough :wink: :D

Good on ya :D

P

purplemonster

i have been told that they can be done in place by removing the transfer box then removing the gearbox ,and it is easilty possible but there is one sod of a bolt in the transfer box just next to the speedo transducer ,if that is in place it would make removing transfer box very hard indeed ,but with that left out ,my clutch will be done in place next time

at the end of the day its just a car ,held together by nuts and bolts lol

ROB

ex-gtir

id say 5 > 6 if your on your own with no one to natter to i could gas for england :wink: :oops:
ive done 23 this year alone i think olly has done a lot as well do that many clutchs fail in a year :?:
youll always have problem jobs snapped bolts etc etc but it being able to go that little bit further and doing gearbox rebuild/repairs all in the same day
ian how comes you have just come on here lately if you have done loads :?: :?:

gtirpulsar

Ian has been a yahoo tech list member for longer than I can remember ( over 3.5 years) and he's a thoroughly decent chap too.

GINGA

With all these clutch changers about maybe there will be a price war :wink: then it will be cheap enough for me to watch someone else skin their knuckles for a change :lol:

ex-gtir

fixed price aint worth doing for less i let the rest fight over work ill stick to my price ginga you know what a pain in the ar5e to do
mike

GINGA

Yeh I wouldn't want to do them for anything less than £200 either, with a ramp and air tools you'd be laughing but on the floor its quite alot more hassle :cry: still £200 is a bargin and is roughly half what most garages charge and providing theres no major problems they should be done in a day 8) which I very much doubt a garage would have it done in :roll:

O

Olly

Hmmmm well there can't be many more left to do as Mike and myself must of done plenty. As Ex says try doing a clutch and gearbox repair in a day no air tools :lol: ., still if there's a price war on(I won't do it for less than £200) i'll just go back to playying with Cossie's and RS turbo's less hassle and easy to work on :lol: :lol: . 8)

ex-gtir

amen to what olly said and at this time of year who wants to be out in the cold and wet
ill just do more building renovations :shock: bloody plastering i hate it :(

ian c

clutches

forgot to mention...i go to peoples houses to do it...just turn up with my stuff and change it on their drive! many people prefer to have their car under a watchful eye (like me) it also means theres minimal inconvenience for the owner...plus they don't get a phone call at 5pm from a garage to say they'll need to keep it over night...

usually change seals on master and slave cylinder at the same time.

couple lined up for January....
anymore takers?