alignment advive

red reading

I'm amazed how much damage a caliper locking up in a wheel can do!
sudden shock loadings can damage so much just think of the force involved, that caliper lock up was instant and you still had the cars momentum with all the wheels still trying to turn (4wd) huge amount of torque!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
what? so that N14 wishbone is the same part as the gtir one just with a different bush on it?
Bingo!

I hope that's just a generic picture in the link for the N13 bushes, because it's not right; the GTi-R specific one has a sort of triangular top to it so that it sits in the recess in the floor pan. Just be careful taking the old ones off; it's easy to cut to far and into the wishbone below.

mikeyp

stunning news!

sorry more questions..
does the rear bush not just slide off the end then, like the whiteline one does?
is the front bush with that wishbone ok on the gtir?

danr

Bingo!

I hope that's just a generic picture in the link for the N13 bushes, because it's not right; the GTi-R specific one has a sort of triangular top to it so that it sits in the recess in the floor pan. Just be careful taking the old ones off; it's easy to cut to far and into the wishbone below.
it has a triangular base, you can just see it starting in this pic. its whats on mine and they were triangular :)

danr

stunning news!

sorry more questions..
does the rear bush not just slide off the end then, like the whiteline one does?
is the front bush with that wishbone ok on the gtir?
thinking about it, you might be able to grip it in a vice and twist the hole arm to get it off. i went a bit oriental on mine lol

mikeyp

and just to make sure, the front bush is fine and doesn't need changing?

thanks for the info guys, helped me out a load!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes, the front one is fine. - Obviously if you want to press it out and put a polybush in, you can. However a new rubber one will last for a while.

Trondelond

Whoah. This was a good thread. I've got the same problem, and I recall hitting a curb that was hidden by snow...