500bhp & torque query?

Nad

oap-r said:
zia said:
i remmeber bruce when you were extolling the virtue,s of tuner thier so called superior knowledge,experience, :wink: how you,ve changed your view!!! :p
very,very true.just trying to ensure no-one gets taken in by the same bolllox i did :wink:
I remember me trying to point something out ages ago, but wont go there again.......

Dont worry, wont ask for forgiveness :wink:

A

Anonymous

Nad said:
I remember me trying to point something out ages ago, but wont go there again.......

once more you prove what a pprick you are :!:

LOU ROB

Seems to me that some of have your heads up your own arses :lol:
The way I remember things is Jasons car did 11.09, eithen though his car only got finished the night before t.o.t.b 3. The closest time to him was 11.6ish, so how can anyone dought DP's ability to tune GTI'Rs :?
So get your tongues out of sir bruces arse and wake up :shock:

P.s, Can't wait to bring my monster out to play with all the so called big powered R's :D :lol:

R

robinsongtir

come on Lou your Heads getting a bit big now you don't know much about a couple of the so called big powered cars :wink:

LOU ROB

robinsongtir said:
come on Lou your Heads getting a bit big now you don't know much about a couple of the so called big powered cars :wink:
Point taken :wink: But nobody on this forum knows my full spec :wink: :lol:

LOU ROB

sturat said:
straight question :roll: do any of you think you may hit the 500bhp/500lbft mark consistantly in 2005?
When I get high 10's to low 11's with full interior, it has to be around them sort of figures :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

LOU ROB said:
sturat said:
straight question :roll: do any of you think you may hit the 500bhp/500lbft mark consistantly in 2005?
When I get high 10's to low 11's with full interior, it has to be around them sort of figures :wink:
ok dokey, is that without gas? by that i mean nitros not brussel sprouts :wink:

Nad

oap-r said:
Nad said:

once more you prove what a pprick you are :!:
No need to get touchy now. Doesnt bother me, I know what I know and do what I do. Keeps me happy regardless...... :lol: I dont go near any tuner for a reason, I may ask their opinion but thats it. I go to an engine builder instead, tell them what I want and I get it, the end result is mine. If I had the time I would build the engine and if it failed its my fault, no one elses.

A

Anonymous

LOU ROB said:
The way I remember things is Jasons car did 11.09, eithen though his car only got finished the night before t.o.t.b 3. The closest time to him was 11.6ish, so how can anyone dought DP's ability to tune GTI'Rs :?
So get your tongues out of sir bruces bottom and wake up :shock:
considering it was being built for an important event like totb3,jason's car should've been finished long before the event.it's not like it was an event arranged at short notice :lol:

this is of course is DP at it's best,leave everything until the last possible minute and if anything goes tits up,there are no options.

i don't think anyone doubts DP's ability to build strong engines,it's just that they can't maximise the potential within their engine builds :shock:

if you've got a turbo that will flow enough for 500bhp,then the engine should be built and managed (ecu) to be able to produce 500bhp time after time.

A

Anonymous

LOU ROB said:
dream on :lol:

for those kind of times and a full interior,you'll be looking at more like 600bhp/550lb/ft.the car would then become more of a drag car than an everyday car.

the transmission would NEVER stand up to that amount of torque unless it was a dog box and trick diffs made from hideously expensive unobtainium alloys.

Keira

was going to say jasons car is very-very light compared to a mildly stripped, normal weight pulsar from what i gather 8) Dont think he's ever said what it weighs ??

thats only way to go for a real drag car

Dooie Pop Pop

kieron said:
was going to say jasons car is very-very light compared to a mildly stripped, normal weight pulsar from what i gather 8) Dont think he's ever said what it weighs ??

thats only way to go for a real drag car
loved that side exit exaust :twisted: is the car in question still running?

LOU ROB

sturat said:
loved that side exit exaust :twisted: is the car in question still running?
Still running strong :D

oap-r said:
for those kind of times and a full interior,you'll be looking at more like 600bhp/550lb/ft.
I've kept the interior intact, but managed to lose about 40kg by removing non-essential materials from the car :wink: and i've still got more to do :p

p.s the dog-box is next on my to do list :wink: :lol:

O

Odin

oap-r said:
hideously expensive unobtainium alloys.

LOL I nearly wet myself old man :shock: :lol: you really are wasted on this lot of ameba's :wink: .

rob

A

Anonymous

vpulsar said:
LOL I nearly wet myself old man :shock: :lol: you really are wasted on this lot of ameba's :wink:
glad i could be of service :wink: :lol:

no kieron,not that kind of service you perv,there's no anal involved :wink: :lol: