500bhp & torque query?

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
Maybe Bruce but that's for another thread.I just think that after being in your car when it was still being run in at 0.7bar or whatever and feeling how quick it was that it should have made more than 407lbft at 2bar.
imho,the car performs far,far better now on the "dentist's" conservative map than ever it did before.it was quick before but even with a car full,it's warp factor 9 now :D

nismoboy

does the dentist come to you or is he based somewhere? also what does he charge? and can he map the pro version?

A

Anonymous

nismoboy said:
does the dentist come to you or is he based somewhere? also what does he charge? and can he map the pro version?
normally you go to him unless you've several people to get mapped at the same time.

speak to rishi as sam has just mapped his pro with a commander very recently.

i believe it's £350 but rishi will be able to confirm.

GINGA

Sam (the dentist) will come to you if you pay the travelling costs etc iirc it was £350 or £400 for the first tune then £200 or £250 for remaps which isn't bad really 8)
What he suggests himself is to get a few people together so they can all be mapped at the same time and you split the travelling costs etc between you :wink:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
GINGA said:
Sam (the dentist) will come to you if you pay the travelling costs etc iirc it was £350 or £400 for the first tune then £200 or £250 for remaps which isn't bad really 8)
What he suggests himself is to get a few people together so they can all be mapped at the same time and you split the travelling costs etc between you :wink:

Good thing he only lives 45miles down the road from me then... :wink:

Rishi

LOU ROB

oap-r said:
who says the results are misleading consider for a mo that DP have never built an R that can get anything like decent power figures on a r/r the way that other tuners can on other peoples r/r's.

afaik,my car has produced the biggest figures for a DP built R with 381bhp & 407lb/ft.hardly awe inspiring considering the cost and the spec.
I got 380 bhp at 1.5 bar with a slight misfire, but i didn't get it on paper :oops: But the diffrence between 1.5bar and 2 bar is phenominal. There is a lot more to do to the car, ( but that is for another day ) :wink:
No disrespect to you, but you'r car got built 18 months ago ( or there about ).Things improve over time :wink:
P.S I hope I can match or improve on you'r torque figures :idea:

A

antilag

hahahahahahahah (awaits the reply from scotland)

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

A

Anonymous

LOU ROB said:
I got 380 bhp at 1.5 bar with a slight misfire, but i didn't get it on paper :oops: But the diffrence between 1.5bar and 2 bar is phenominal. There is a lot more to do to the car, ( but that is for another day ) :wink:
No disrespect to you, but you'r car got built 18 months ago ( or there about ).Things improve over time :wink:
P.S I hope I can match or improve on you'r torque figures :idea:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you're even more gullible than i thought.my engine was only completed in sept '03 and is creating far more power/torque now than it did when it left DP.when dave gave me my car back it was RAF [rough as ferk] :evil:

i stand by what i said,DP have not created an R that produces big power that can be recreated on different rolling roads the way other tuners cars can.the "ultimate R" has made over 400bhp on about 3 different r/r's.

when i 1st rolling roaded my car,it had a turbo that was good for 420bhp allegedly :wink: .it made 369bhp.my present turbo is allegedly good for 550bhp.if DP could get anywhere near 550bhp out of my car,i'd eat my own bell end :lol:

find out from the manufacturer just what bhp your turbo will support,then challenge DP to get with 15% of that maximum figure :wink: :lol: :lol:

don't go bleating on about 380bhp and slight missfire bolloxes if you can't prove it :evil:

LOU ROB

oap-r said:
my engine was only completed in sept '03 and is creating far more power/torque now than it did when it left DP.
O.K 15 months ago, I wasn't far off :oops: But I remember it seeing it getting built :wink:

oap-r said:
my present turbo is allegedly good for 550bhp
I wonder, could we be using the same turbo :?:

oap-r said:
don't go bleating on about 380bhp and slight missfire bolloxes if you can't prove it
You'r quite right. But i'm sure the 20+ peeps who watched know that i'm not talking through my ringpiece :shock: :wink: :lol:

A

Anonymous

LOU ROB said:
I wonder, could we be using the same turbo :?:
i would hope not considering it's from a spec that's 15 months old and you're only managing to get 380bhp from it :shock:
not very good is it :?: :twisted: :lol:

zia

you're even more gullible than i thought.my engine was only completed in sept '03 and is creating far more power/torque now than it did when it left DP.when dave gave me my car back it was RAF [rough as ferk]

i stand by what i said,DP have not created an R that produces big power that can be recreated on different rolling roads the way other tuners cars can.the "ultimate R" has made over 400bhp on about 3 different r/r's.

when i 1st rolling roaded my car,it had a turbo that was good for 420bhp allegedly .it made 369bhp.my present turbo is allegedly good for 550bhp.if DP could get anywhere near 550bhp out of my car,i'd eat my own bell end

find out from the manufacturer just what bhp your turbo will support,then challenge DP to get with 15% of that maximum figure

don't go bleating on about 380bhp and slight missfire bolloxes if you can't prove it
i remmeber bruce when you were extolling the virtue,s of tuner thier so called superior knowledge,experience, :wink: how you,ve changed your view!!! :p

zia

A

Anonymous

zia said:
i remmeber bruce when you were extolling the virtue,s of tuner thier so called superior knowledge,experience, :wink: how you,ve changed your view!!! :p
very,very true.just trying to ensure no-one gets taken in by the same bolllox i did :wink:

stugtir

''if DP could get anywhere near 550bhp out of my car,i'd eat my own bell end ''

pmsl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no disrespect to dp just that comment almost made me piss on myself!!!

stu