500 BHP???!!

S

Sirnixalot

Mikey if you get this thing built by ND do not use their pistons. Their quality is excellet but the compression ratio they use it a stupidly low 7.8:1. Get a set of JE, Arias or CP 8.5:1 pistons if you are unsure of using the 9.0:1 pistons.

Also a note i should make known. The combustion chamber in the GTi-R holds more volume than the other DET engines which the other pistons are usually made for. These pistons will fit (SR20DET ones that is) but the compression ratio they advertise will be lower in the GTi-R engine. The GTi-R head will yeild approximately a 0.2 point lower compression ratio that the same exact piston in another SR20DET motor.

8.5:1 pistons you get from the US will give you a 8.3:1CR in the GTi-R motor.

9:1 pistons you get from the US will give you a 8.8:1CR in the GTi-R motor.

S

Sirnixalot

knife edging the crank is quite beneficial. it allows the crank counter weights to "cut" through the oil easily at low revs

however taking too much material off can be detrimental to the strength of the crank. If you were to just make the outer corners (for lack of a better description) sharp that would be sufficient enough without degrading the integrity of the crank

S

Sirnixalot

BabyGodzillaGTi-R said:
Wah cmng.....
Just whack in Greddy T78 on your 2.4 JWT stroker kitted Nissan.
Kekeke.
why waste the engine on that antiquated POS turbo. You want a drag car get a Garret GT40R.

M

mikeyg

Well, one thing i am left stuck on is this:

Will the standard crank put up with 500-550bhp and do i need to fit new liners??

GINGA

The standard crank should fine, if of you were worried you could get a tomei 2.2 kit from Japan for around £2200 which encludes long stroke crank, uprated rods(which you'll need anyway) and pistons and should help you on your way to you 550bhp goal 8)
As for the liners its a topic of much discussion and is generally considered to be more hassle than its worth to fit them as fitting can cause problems if not correctly done :(

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
wouldn`t bother with knife edging the crank though.
Why's that Bruce?Are there any disadvantages?
other than the actual cost of getting it done,there are no real disadvantages but,according to the crank manufacturer,there are no real advantages either in a road car.the only time it`s beneficial is in a circuit racing engine where you are doing a lot of revs for a long time.

J

jonnyboy

Re: 500bhp!!

madMATT said:
blimey your mad just seen tuning japanese's yellow pulsar on net there running 434bhp but i dont think this is full boost 01252 328080 watch em . have personally met this guys they are diamonds last time i was up in aldershot they had a rally prepared scooby on the roller fick it was awesome also they build ferrari type racecars!!!! check out www.tuningjapaneseco.uk and find yellow pulsar movie.also checkout the evo and s2000.but it will take alogt of dollar and maybe a t88 turbo which will run 3 bar
yep i think they are underated, there doing my engine at the moment and yes they are top bloke's :wink:

J

jonnyboy

J-GTi-R said:
There's plenty of mixed reports about Tuning Japanese, so approach with caution :?
also mixed report's about some of the other tuner's, i had a bad experience at a well known tuner :cry: but every one on here rate's them :shock: just luck of the draw me think's :roll: :wink:

O

Odin

J-GTi-R said:
There's plenty of mixed reports about Tuning Japanese, so approach with caution :?
:evil: :evil: You were warned :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:

J

J-GTi-R

Because I don't want to PM everyone who has read this thread. :?

I have evidence to back up my approach with caution warning, this isn't a 'from what I've heard' line.

A

Anonymous

J-GTi-R said:
madmatt and johnyboy hardly constitutes everybody :x
they are the only 2 to have mentioned tj,but by all means take your chances with the comments,all we`ve got to lose is the entire fcuking forum :evil: :evil:

S

Sirnixalot

he wasnt blatantly slagging them off....he just stated keep your eyes open when dealing with them. But then again im usually wrong in this area. Where are Kev and Caleb :lol:

A

Anonymous

Sirnixalot said:
he wasnt blatantly slagging them off....he just stated keep your eyes open when dealing with them.
doesn`t matter a flying fig.would you use them after seeing 2 members warn peeps off :?:

M

madMATT

500bhp

well what have you to say about tj you hear morre about other tuners that are sh**e. not disbelieving you but find it hard to believe. what was your dealings and probs with tim and ike. :p :p

J

J-GTi-R

madmatt and johnyboy hardly constitutes everybody
they are the only 2 to have mentioned tj,but by all means take your chances with the comments,all we`ve got to lose is the entire fcuking forum
All I said was approach with caution, i.e. some people have said negative things about them so make sure you are making a considered choice before leaving your car with them. My experience may only be a one-off and they obviously have done excellent work for other people, hence I think they should be given a chance and it would be completely wrong of me to say 'TJ are complete sh*te, avoid at all costs'. However, without me mentioning this everyone who reads this forum will be able to see two people highly recommending them and take from that they are perfect, but as there are people less than satisfied by them, then people should be aware of that too.

I have never said don't go to TJ, all I'm saying is some people have not been happy, as well as the people who are happy with their service, so consider the choice of getting them to do any work.

In other words (and I'm sure you can appreciate this one) don't take what you read on here as gospel, go out for yourself and find out who/what is good and who/what isn't.

O

Odin

oap-r said:
J-GTi-R said:
madmatt and johnyboy hardly constitutes everybody :x
they are the only 2 to have mentioned tj,but by all means take your chances with the comments,all we`ve got to lose is the entire fcuking forum :evil: :evil:
To be honest mate what's it got to do with you :?:, You live in
Aberdeen and I don't think you'v poped down to Aldershot for
a quick tune up have you :?: , So you have had no dealing's
with said company, I on the other hand have :evil: so keep out
of it please :wink: .

rob