4X4 Car Tax

tomble

Surely the extra "4x4" tax is just an abreviation for larger truck typed vehicles? I don't think we have to worry unless they go by engine capacity (which they ****ing will)

£210 per year - come on!!!!

P

papdog

Reading the budget document (boring but it affects my work) it's only cars registered since march 2001 that are being changed by the banding. The road tax for the other cars before that has gone up by £5 if it is 1550cc's or over.

Graham

J

jpward

I can see it running like the last big remodel of the Vehicle licenceing where they will mark a cut off date and from then on will be catagorised into the cheeper brackets while anything previous will be un Co2 classified as the R is and will fall into the CC category so it doesnt look good.

Thing that gets me is it should be more related to road ware/Eenviromental issues as we having a permanent 4x4 system will put less stress on the road (unless your a donut king) and correct me if i am wrong but turbo cars for power of engine produce less emitions than naturally aspirated?

It's all a bit in the favour of the city 1.0L who uses fuel at like 5mpg because of congestion and on average i get 20+ from the R so go figure!

Also (sorry to rant) but what about people like me who dont use the R as a daily driver i mean i do about 3-4K a year top's and yet pay the same tax as a Rep's car what does that in a month hardly seams a fair and accountable system and looks only to worsen!

D

DOT2DOT

bracpan said:
I also run a Toyota Surf
Nice one mate, love these wagons. Used to have a 2.4td ssr, really smashing big wagaon. Whats yours like?

paz

papdog said:
Reading the budget document (boring but it affects my work) it's only cars registered since march 2001 that are being changed by the banding. The road tax for the other cars before that has gone up by £5 if it is 1550cc's or over.

Graham
Thats not too bad then, could be a lot worse!

Mind you, its still an extra £5 of our money that won't even get spent on the fooking roads :evil:

Paz

bracpan

papdog said:

Graham
This is correct, it will only effect large cars registered from today, and the others reg from 2001, we have only a £5 rise, Phewww lucky for once. I also run a 3litre Surf so thats ok to...back to warming up the planet, In my oppinion it needs it to as its freezing for March...
Cheers
Phi

bracpan

DOT2DOT said:
Nice one mate, love these wagons. Used to have a 2.4td ssr, really smashing big wagaon. Whats yours like?
Its in Black to match the Pulsar its a limited model with all the toys. All I need now is a trailer in black to complete the outfit. Not everybodies cup of tea but I like it.
Cheers
Phil