4X4 Car Tax

bracpan

Fingers crossed we are not going to be included in this extra TAX, I also run a Toyota Surf so the bastards will probably hit me twice.

Why dont the twats TAX the cars extra when new, as people paying 60K for a new Range Rover dont give a shit and leave us who buy second hand cars over 10 years old ALONE.......this is all because some bloody Tree hugers have complained about them....this counrty is going down the pan.

one pissed off Phil

paz

As per the other site pal, I'm worried about this too - but even if we're not, they'll probably sting us in the 'large engine' category, so we're stuffed either way :(

paz

paz

Maybe - that would be sensible, or at least 2.5ish litres, as a lot of the jap stuff tends to be 2.6ish plus doesn't it. Saying that, it would also stuff our friends over on the gtr owners club :(

Knowing our luck, it will be something along the lines of A/4WD and 2 litres plus :(

paz

N

Ninja_tune_factory

god i seen this last nite on the news , fukcing pissed me off , what the **** dus tony the pric blair think he doin what a **** and the rest of the laber partyto what ****ERS

paz

Ninja_tune_factory said:
god i seen this last nite on the news , fukcing pissed me off , what the **** dus tony the pric blair think he doin what a **** and the rest of the laber partyto what ****ERS
So you're not happy about it either then eh pal?! :lol: ;)

paz

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
My R is 4wd and my other car has a big engine so either way I'm fooked but at least I don't smoke too as they normally get a raw deal.

Chiffs

****ing b******s, always adding extra get enough money from us as it is.

If we all take the prop shaft out we will only have a 2 wheel drive car therefore cheaper tax:lol:

Could even remove the front drive shafts and have a lot of fun rwd

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Chiffs said:
****ing b******s, always adding extra get enough money from us as it is.

If we all take the prop shaft out we will only have a 2 wheel drive car therefore cheaper tax:lol:

Could even remove the front drive shafts and have a lot of fun rwd
We could all just drive more economical cars..........

Sorry, I'll get my coat :lol: :lol:

M

macphegf

Don't think the 4wd thing will hit most of us as iirc the reg doc for my car (import) does not mention 4wd and I don't even think it says Pulsar on it! but I may be wrong :(

paz

Can't find the definitions/bands etc yet, but the top tier of car tax has been increased to £210 :eek: I'm hoping thats just for chelsea tractors etc.

paz

hmmm

I might go outside and burn some petrol in rejoice.
:lol:

Rejoice, drown sorrows, clear the mind, calm your anger ... It always helps ;-).
That is until you realise how much the petrol cost you :roll: ;-).

Last edited:

bracpan

hmmm said:
:lol:

Rejoice, drown sorrows, clear the mind, calm your anger ... It always helps ;-).
That is until you relaise how much the petrol cost you :roll: ;-).
Phewwwwww think your right I think it is for new cars, which is fairer and lets us petrol (and deisel) heads get on with warming the planet up.....dont know about you lot but its bloody freezing around here.
Cheers
Phil

Fazz

caR TAX... Don't get me started.

Ye should be thankful lads -paying 165 per year as I recall or therabouts..

Over here in Ireland we pay be the Litre..

So R's being in the 1.8 to 2.0 category pays €550 per year. It goes up over the K mark for the bigger engines - 2.5 etc...

And we have Shit roads to help us on our way...

You guys got it good so less of it!