310mm brakes

Braveheart

actually Rota slipstream is offered in more then one combination which fits our bolt pattern 4x100

15 x 6.5 +40
15 x 6.5 +28
15 x 6.5 +45
15 x 6.5 +10
15 x 7 +35
15 x 7 +28
15 x 7 +25
15 x 7 +40
15 x 7 +45
15 x 8 +40
15 x 8 +35
15 x 8 +20

http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=40
What a great selection of sizes.... :thumbsup:
To fit without spacer under the wilwoods I suspect, 15x6.5 et28 or 15x7 et28 possibly 15x7 et 35 may even fit.
Think the 15x8 rims are a bit too wide and would rub on the struts and or wheel arches.

I found as I increased tyre width, the car felt less nimble and needs more effort round slow, tight bends.
You will feel the benifit of running a higher profile tyre 50mm as it helps iron out the bumps and keeps the tyre planted, the downside however is that it want's to roll towards the rim.

Trip

What a great selection of sizes.... :thumbsup:
To fit without spacer under the wilwoods I suspect, 15x6.5 et28 or 15x7 et28 possibly 15x7 et 35 may even fit.
Think the 15x8 rims are a bit too wide and would rub on the struts and or wheel arches.

I found as I increased tyre width, the car felt less nimble and needs more effort round slow, tight bends.
You will feel the benifit of running a higher profile tyre 50mm as it helps iron out the bumps and keeps the tyre planted, the downside however is that it want's to roll towards the rim.

If dencon has the most common size which is an ET40 + 5mm spacer a 35offset "should" give same clearance.

15 x 6.5 ET 28
15 x 7 ET 35
15 x 7 ET 28
15 x 7.5 ET 30
15 x 8 ET 35

I am assuming the size 15 x 7.5 ET 30 is the good all rounder.

Braveheart

If dencon has the most common size which is an ET40 + 5mm spacer a 35offset "should" give same clearance.

15 x 6.5 ET 28
15 x 7 ET 35
15 x 7 ET 28
15 x 7.5 ET 30
15 x 8 ET 35

I am assuming the size 15 x 7.5 ET 30 is the good all rounder.
Logic would say yes, the et35 would fit ..... but then again... 3mm is not much to play with.
Not sure I would call 15x7.5 ET30 the good all rounder. Do not see that size in your previous list.
The offset gives you a bit more to play with but not sure how wide a tyre you can fit without it fouwling on the struts.
My 205/50/15 on the buddy club are very close to the gab struts. Obviously no problem with the 10mm spacer.... ;-)

Trip

The offset gives you a bit more to play with but not sure how wide a tyre you can fit without it fouwling on the struts.
My 205/50/15 on the buddy club are very close to the gab struts. Obviously no problem with the 10mm spacer.... ;-)
you probably have a large offset (without spacer) on the buddyclub to foul the struts.

what width and offset are they ?

Braveheart

you probably have a large offset (without spacer) on the buddyclub to foul the struts.

what width and offset are they ?
They are 15x6.5 et42 ( http://www.srbpower.com/buddyclub/p1-racing-sf.php )
If you up the wheel width by 1/2 inch (16mm) that's a decrease of 8mm space between inner rim and strut and an increase of the same to the wheel arch.... you can also fit a variety of tyres on a rim between about 10mm in width. i.e the 15x6.5 can take a 195 or 205 tyre.
Non of this may be an issue for you though if you have coil overs fitted that tend to be alot smaller. You will then just have to regard the wheel arch clearance.

From what I can seduce from this thread thus far, 15x7 et35 would be your best choice if you want to use the wilwood 310 kit and choose Rota Slipstream. That is of course if logic works, et40 +5mm spacers = et35 and you have 3mm clearance.

Only wish I had that information before I bought my brakes and rims......:roll:

Last edited:

dencon

310 brakes

I will pick up a 28 ET wheel tomorrow and compare the inside spoke clearance with my 40 ET. I don,t think there will be a big difference. The Rota warehouse is only 300 yrds away from my car.8)

noriek2003

MarkTurbo said:
Why dont people listen :lol:
whats the point of listening to someone who knows when you can go over and over the same old things time after time, again and again :lol:

you should know thats how it works

Braveheart

Ive said i dont know how many times before that the 310mm wilwood kit will fit under a 15 inch wheel :doh: Why dont people listen :lol:
Since when has 1/2 an inch been 16mm :shock: :lol:
Clever you .... :yawn:
That's all very well but they will not fit under any old 15" wheel.
Give us a break and let us catch up with your infinate mind...:shock:

Trip

MarkTurbo said:
Ive said i dont know how many times before that the 310mm wilwood kit will fit under a 15 inch wheel :doh: Why dont people listen :lol:
noriek2003 said:
whats the point of listening to someone who knows when you can go over and over the same old things time after time, again and again :lol:
I agree with both of you here that there are millions of posts regarding brakes and wheel clearance. But after searching and searching, i only found generic answers such as "Ive said i dont know how many times before that the 310mm wilwood kit will fit under a 15 inch wheel" :lol::lol::lol:

as Braveheart already said, not all 15" rims on the market are alike. I for one have two sets of 15" rims and both do not clear the 310's. :cry:

Trip

I will pick up a 28 ET wheel tomorrow and compare the inside spoke clearance with my 40 ET. I don,t think there will be a big difference. The Rota warehouse is only 300 yrds away from my car.8)

snap some pics with your mobile phone please :thumbsup:

warringtonjack

Just to avoid confusion between people, the tyre profile measurement is actually a percentage of the tyre width. i.e. 205/50 will be a lower profile than a 225/50. Hope this helps.

kthxbye. :thumbsup:

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I'v got the 285 willwood brake kit with the rota slipstreams. The offset wha 28 I think (I'd have to check) and it clears the spokes with loads of room to spare. I can also get me enkei's on but need 3mm spacers so the valve cap doesn't hit the calliper. Pics below:

If you need any info or extra pics I can take so for you?

dencon

310 brakes

I have today pick up and fitted a Rota Slipstream wheel.
15x7x28ET. This was onto a Willwood 310 brake kit. I was supprised by the clearance without spacers. On the inside of spokes there was about 8-10 mm and clearance inside of wheel was about 5mm.repeat this was without spacers, whereas with my 15x6.5x40ET I have to use a5mm spacer. I agree with what has been said before, not all 15" wheels are the same.