310bhp @1bar

GTI_R

Went to see Ed yesterday @ fusion .. Last time on rollers with DP motorsport it managed 256 bhp @ 1.45 bar at the wheels ...
It was massivly overfueling all over the map.

Now with a few extra mods and Ed tweaking the map it got 262 bhp @ 1 bar... works out at 310.7 @ the flywheel . And 285ft lb... Made up that I've got more power for less boost
. Must be the extra flowing exhaust and generally my skills under the bonnet. Lol

Ed reckons that either the turbo is on it's limits or the actuator is weak
.. I'd already told him that i wanted it safe and that im not looking for max power ..
It actually peaks at 1.2 bar but levels out at 1bar and when max power is reached it's at 1bar.

The turbo is probably 12 years old . Not done huge mileage on it but was at 1 bar for 10 years then 1.45 for the last 2 ..
How long will a turbo last?

Enlarge this image

Enlarge this image

Enlarge this image

MODS
Lightend & balanced crank , wiseco pistons , HKS cams ,HKS head gasket , tomei rocker stoppers , stage 1 turbo , pace front mount intercooler , Apexi power fc , Apexi boost comp 1.2bar , induction hard pipe , Custom air box , apexi air filter , walbro 255 pump , fidanza flywheel ,exceedy 400bhp clutch , Full 3 inch exhaust from turbo back to departure twin exit rear boxes , EVO 560 injectors

Enlarge this image

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Pretty good result.

You've got very low transmission losses. It works out at 15.5%

My 268bhp worked out at 339bhp on the same rollers. Which is 21%

Did you get a beating from the wife?:)

GTI_R

No i dropped her and kids off in woking ... She loved it . Huge shopping centre in woking and a free museum for the kids ..
Why would it have low transmission loss?
last time it was on the rollers it was 256 at wheels and 325 at fly . Very confusing these Rolling roads.

And yes oh my god it flys . keep hitting the limiter tho it revs that fast .
How high could the limiter be lifted to ?

Last edited:

Fusion Ed

Glad you noticed an improvement, was fuel consumption any better? As for limiter, 7500 is stock, you are passed max power there by a little margin, I don't think you would benefit by increasing it any further.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just learn to change gear quicker.;-) Do you have an RB box?

Ed, why are his transmission losses so low? Thats about rwd territory.

Fusion Ed

I've just realised why - on the graphs it shows the shootout mode is wrong. It should be Shoot_44, not Shoot_4F. So the flywheel figures are well under. That car is in reality more like 330+hp @ fly, but wheels will be correct. Operator error, had a Micra on the dyno before this one, and I'm guessing Mark (not Charlie running it then) forgot to change it to Shoot_44, I didn't notice at the time either.

GTI_R

yeah if it's making 330 ish on 1 bar im well happy ..
thats more than it had last time with alot less boost .

Whats the most you've seen at 1bar on a standard turbo

P

pulsarboby

that truly is unbelievable power on a stock tubby at 1bar:shock: most make between 290-310bhp
a 2871 would struggle to make that at same boost level (think mine made 358 @ 1.5bar)
must be a fantastic setup you have there rob, fair play to ya

GTI_R

Not unless turbo technics fit them with different internals.. Stage one turbo is what was bought.. I.e 360 thrust bearing that's it....

Will wait with fingers crossed to see if we can get a better more accurate graph

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
that truly is unbelievable power on a stock tubby at 1bar:shock: most make between 290-310bhp
*cough* 330 @ 0.8bar (peaked @ 0.9bar) 8)

Albeit with a Mines ECU installed for that run!

N.B. That figure is proberbly or somewhat exaggerated from Dyno Demon (run on a Dyno Dynamics) and I take it with a pinch of salt, but that was on a "OEM" standard turbo.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Maybe it's a Dyno Dynamics thing then because both those high figures are from a standard turbo with a modified ECU map.

P

pulsarboby

yep im not saying it didnt make that figure but its very high on a stock turbo anyone would have to admitt (even ed himself)
rob does however have a very good breathing setup with his engine and highflow ex system so perhaps thats aiding it as most people would be running just a goose or similar setup with your average induction and fmic.

i dont dispute the figure at all (eds straight as a dye with dyno figures) and as long as the car pulls well and drivability is good then thats all that really matters. im just going by the majority of cars ive seen on dyno and the usual figures are 290-310 at a bar and around 320-330 at 1.2 to 1.3bar

Mad

Great figures, well done.

From my experience, Dyno Demon figure's were higher than Surrey Rolling Road who both use the older software. From what I have heard, the newer Dyno Dynamics software which is windows based reads a little lower.

I think the thing is with SRR dyno is that so many people use it, it is a great benchmark to go by. I have had as much as 50bhp difference between different dyno's on the same day in an Evo4 a few years ago. It's amazing how much enterting the wrong settings can have an effect on the end figure.

P

pulsarboby

Drives lovely bob... Pulls hard low down . Figures mean nothing it's all about the way she drives
absolutely means more than anything

to be fair srr always provide accurate readings with their rollers and if anything there on the conservative side as opposed to stupid high figures.

as said rob the setup you have on the car is very good and unusual with a stock type tubby so multiplied with the big cams i suppose this could account for the high figures produced
i would be well chuffed with that

GTI_R

yeah seemed much better .. just gave her a fresh tank now so will see how much better it is ..
fitted the new suspension yesterday . Can now put my foot down ed without the car going near the curbs