310bhp @1bar

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
to be fair srr always provide accurate readings with their rollers and if anything there on the conservative side as opposed to stupid high figures.
It's not really the figures that people should be most interested in, more importantly things likes AFR readings, DET sensors and making sure the car is good working order.

Too often people get hung up about figures regardless what they are and take the numbers to heart rather than looking at it in a more overall reading.

For example, I use TEG Sport in Carnforth if and when I want a dyno readings. Simply they have a DD in house, same set-up and same DD operator.

Of course I get all the read outs and AFR crap, but what I try to achieve is actuate constancy.
For example if the car pulls 250 on the dyno and next year after all my upgrades it pulls 300 I know I've gained aprox 50bhp.

In real terms the car might only be making 250 after my upgrades, but I know that I've made in the region of 50bhp from its last trip.

It doesn't matter if one persons dyno reads low or high, if people keep using the same dyno, at least you know where you stand roughly.

Also to note, if a dyno offers higher figures (say Dyno Demon) compared elsewhere, then most people will keep going back to the higher reading dyno because it makes them feel better, which in itself is a false economy!

Anyway, on with the show! :thumb:

MarkTurbo

It's not really the figures that people should be most interested in, more importantly things likes AFR readings, DET sensors and making sure the car is good working order.
Thats my way of looking at things too. My car has been dyno'd once in the 10+ years i've owned it and that was years ago when it was around 300 ish. I keep saying i'll get it dyno'd just out of interest then never bother :oops: