!!!!!17"s!!!!!!

ashleygtir

do 17"s really knacker you R's gearbox? ive heard lots of people sayin they do and others sayin they dont. who should i belive??????

M

m34ts_pulsar

ive got 17"s on mine and its not causeing me any problems.

Mr GTiR

I've had 17" on my car now for 5 years and still on the orginal wheel bearing it came with. So anyone who say's that they kill wheel bearing are taking sh1te!

With regards to gearboxes please bear in mind how old our cars are!! Look at a 16/17 year old Evo, Skyline, Scooby and see how many of their gearboxes fail.

If a box has been looked properly since new with regular services and oil changes then it will last. It's only the ones that have been abused that start to fail. Also, a lot of big horse power cars may eat them as they are wearing out the internal parts quicker than a standard car.

What people don't know is that the majority of gearboxes that fail are down to the parts that are designed to wear out on a box. It's only few and far that someone will actually "kill" a box.

I think the average life of a standard box is about 60k and that's at one bar. Just think how much longer it will last if running standard boost and well looked after......

Just my 2 pence worth.

Also, a paddle clutch will kill your box - FACT.

ashleygtir

thanks for that, you cleared that up nicely, how does a paddle clutch kill the box? forgive all questions, im just a tad dull

O

Odin

stumo said:
A paddle clutch has no cush springs in the plate.

The springs take a lot of the shock that happens when you drop the clutch
As per normal talking out your fat ass :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :der: .

Pic is of my Spec PADDLE clutch and as you can see it is sprung :? ;-) .

Rob

O

Odin

stumo said:
OK, so most paddles don't have springs

Talking out your ass still matey :der: , I've had 4 paddle clutches and all have been sprung ;-) , I think you may be thinking of twin/triple plates my friend ;-) .

Rob

MarkTurbo

Mr GTiR said:
What people don't know is that the majority of gearboxes that fail are down to the parts that are designed to wear out on a box. It's only few and far that someone will actually "kill" a box.
I must be doing other peoples share of breaking boxes then :lol: Despite what people say the gearboxes are fragile ;-) The teeth arent that strong, most box failures ive seen are usually down to stripping teeth off gears. And then theres the selector forks too, they arent much better :lol: