z32 maf

S

steve_fctuning

Fitting an airflow meter won't change timing

Only the fuelling side of things. Your fuelling and ignition maps are fixed but you vq maf scaling will need to be corrected, either by reprogramming the ecu itself or the use of a piggy back system

Fusion Ed

If you change afm and then correct afr so that it is back where it was, then the ignition will also be as it was.

The problem comes for example if you change injectors than correct by afm voltage. Then you will see a change in ignition (it will in fact advance in the transitional areas of the load maps.) In fact if you try to map in anyway via afm voltage it will affect ignition, since the map reference for load is the afm voltage.

Ed

steve963

Micra Ed said:
If you change afm and then correct afr so that it is back where it was, then the ignition will also be as it was.

The problem comes for example if you change injectors than correct by afm voltage. Then you will see a change in ignition (it will in fact advance in the transitional areas of the load maps.) In fact if you try to map in anyway via afm voltage it will affect ignition, since the map reference for load is the afm voltage.

Ed
ok I see as the new AFM will reduce voltage, but i will put it back (via emanage) to correct ARF! New MAF getting closer to being fitted:thumbsup:

Fusion Ed

Yes thats right. But when you come to do injectors, if you have not already it will make more changes.

I wouldn't worry however, I've done at least 100 e-manages on GTi-Rs and and the blue always works very well.

steve963

yeah not done injectors yet, but have leaned out the fueling a bit by increasing injector size by 10% then increasing injector map by 10% all across, then reducing at the rich points! (hopefully 10% decrease in AFM voltage signal wont affect timing too much)

when I get the injectors, ill bring it to you, lol

Fusion Ed

To be honest sounds like your doing fine. GTI-R does run rich at the top end. I wouldnt take out anything bottom end tho as the lambda sensor will just be correcting what you do anyway!