Xmas Shopping List

Mad

Xmas is coming up and your missus / partner wants to buy you something nice for your car, no expense spared, what would you have?

For me, probably a respray of some wild colour with a wide arch kit.

P

pulsarboby

il take running costs for my gtr for the year, that would be a good present :lol:

Mad

Am I right in saying you have to fill the tyres up with nitrogen on the gtr?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Xmas is coming up and your missus / partner wants to buy you something nice for your car, no expense spared, what would you have?

For me, probably a respray of some wild colour with a wide arch kit.
I'd get the bodywork professionally sorted... and resprayed (rather than have the whole thing done).

AnthP

I'd like one of those head up display thingy's but they don't make them for the GTIR so I'd like one of those Road Hawk cameras which would be cool as f*ck for track days and recording people driving like dicks.....

MarkTurbo

14/15k + VAT iirc and then you need to look at teh linkage and a bellhousing to match. But rated to 500ftlb/700NM and with the price PPG's are now with the weak pound I don't think its that bad really.
Or a Samsonas sequential, about 8k + vat so even more affordable and heard lots of good things about them ;-)

Didn't say it was cheap :lol: but last time I costed up a complete PPG (final drive/selectors etc.) it was £12K before import duty, which last time I bought something from Oz ran to 20%. Then you've still got the issues of the crap case, so you then looking at braces or billet cases and the associated cost. Whereas the Maktrak unit includes the case (can even spec in magnesium if you're feeling mega rich 8)) and is a fair chunk lighter than the stock unit.

I thought Samsonas only made gear sets?

Anyway I'll shut up now and not turn this into another gearbox thread

red reading

Funny how people will spend a silly amount on the rest of the car yet baulk at doing the gearbox, a mactrac is a bloody good solution.

What Ed has forgot on his list is case prep,new bearings and a centre diff......add that lot up and the mactrac is actually cheap.

Mad

Funny how people will spend a silly amount on the rest of the car yet baulk at doing the gearbox, a mactrac is a bloody good solution.

What Ed has forgot on his list is case prep,new bearings and a centre diff......add that lot up and the mactrac is actually cheap.
Great solution, just out of reach for most of us unfortunately but if the missis is buying then great. :-D

The scooby boys have it lucky, the new age 2.5 box handles 600/600 and can buy for 2k 2nd hand and fits a classic shape with 180 rear diff and shafts.