wrapping exhaust manifold

steven_c

i have just bought this exhaust manifold,

has anyone got any pictures or advice of wrapping it because i want to keep the heat down because i have the front mount intercooler pipe running above it.

gtir_pimp

wrap the intercooler pipe above it for a start! you should be able to get some heat wrap/tape from your local motor parts supplier or i got mine from ebay. not rocket science here either, just wrap the intercooler pipe like a bandage.pull it tight and use something like cable ties at each end to stop it unravelling

Trip

Just make sure it fits together with an external wastegate before wasting your time wrapping it.

steven_c

i am not using a external waste gate, well not at the moment, maybe at a later date.

how much is heat wrap?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Also dump the wrap in a bucket of water beforehand to reduce the amount of fibres flying about when wrapping the manifold.

Once fitted it will let of some smoke and steam if still wet/damp, but that’s normal!

Nad

You'll be better off getting it ceramic coated, you'll get hot spots using heatwrap.

rx jamie

nah just wrap it. wouldnt be worth coating that as it just an ebay manifold from china and they are really really thin walled and crack very easily

P

pulsarboby

no disrespect but its a waste of time wrapping that manifold as it will crack in no time! they are simply just not worth fitting.
port out your existing one and get that ceramic coated which will be 20 times better than fitting one of those ebay jobbies

olliecast

no disrespect but its a waste of time wrapping that manifold as it will crack in no time! they are simply just not worth fitting.
port out your existing one and get that ceramic coated which will be 20 times better than fitting one of those ebay jobbies
furry muff :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

furry muff:shock:
now they are worth wrapping and they always have a crack:lol: