wind noise on passenger side

reckals

i have a wind-noise from the passengers door. its really annoying.

can it be door seals?

how can it be fixed?

whytie

Most likely the doors seals, just check them out if they are not tight you will get wind noise.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's probably a combination of things... I'd guess it's mainly the hinges (I'm pretty sure that's why mine has wind noise).

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes, but if they are worn they need to be replaced. I did once see a pin kit to rebuild them, but that's not listed as a part in FAST.

Another trick to try, is to open the door and lower the window, then gently try to bend the top of the door in a bit. Don't go nuts or the glass will never slide again!

vomitt

The wind noise coming from both doors on mine at about 60mph was due to worn hinges. Ive had them adjusted and it doesnt make noise until 80mph now but still they need replacing.

Search brought up ideas like bending the upper door like PobodY said, or lining the door seal with something so that it squashes the rubber door seal more, making better contact and stopping the air get in although ive not tried either of the above.

Getting a set of hinges off bob soon to just do the job properly :thumbsup:

vomitt

Also to add another idea of using a jack under the door whilst its open, with a bit of wood between the jack and the door to make it creak upwards. Although again doesnt sound like much of a permanent solution!!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Oh - yeah that's a good idea when you trying to adjust the hinges!
Also, it may sound stupid but the wind deflectors actually do help to push the door into the frame more.

Foxdog

I seriously wouldnt advise bending the door in any way, my mechanic tried this with my door as he thought it would fix it and now my window gets stuck...

I heard somewhere, putting vaseline on the seals helps them become more supple :)

tried it myself, and it did help but think I need a new set of hinges! Can u still get new hinges?

Gaz