Wilwood Brake Conversions

A

a11ova

Fitted mine yesterday and to be honest got mixed thoughts on it. The way the kit performs is brilliant and the build quality of the parts is top noch. HOWEVER.....i do question Rally Designs service. Now dont get me wrong, they got the brakes to me next day and the discount was bang on, but it would have been nice if they had sent the right parts!!!! Everything was right except the spacers!! 14mm just aint big enough.

Fitted the kit to my car, everything seemed ok, went on straight, all the bolts went straight on, wheel even turned whilst up in the air on axle stands. Then tried to move the car when it was on the floor..........It ground like a bitch!! The caliper was toucing the disc and grinding against it! Disc is now damaged so im gonna try and get a new set of rotors sent out to replace these ones.

If anybody buy's a set, get some new spacers made up that are 15-16mm rather than use the 14mm supplied.

a11ova

forge400

HI

same happened to mine but my rotors never got damaged i quickly pulled them off and put washers between the bolts and the plastic big black spacers that screw the calipers on and now it's cool.

D

danmo

The kit came with some washers, when fitting we noticed that it didn't fit so rang them and they told us to where the washers wnt.
Anoying thing was that they sent me the wrong nuts so I had to go buy some from motorworld - kit performs great though, just maybe need an uprated master cylinder as when push foot down first time they do nothing compared to second - think I might have the track pads though. (when i say foirst time i mean that i need to tap them then brake, just co need to fill 4 pots instead of 2 or 1 or whatever the standard ones had)

A

andrew

damm better drop there number down the loo, off to by hi spec now or ap racing

D

danmo

don't think so, getting it checked on monday, but brakes are really good, just think the pads need to be heated up to work properly

houghy_1

danmo said:
don't think so, getting it checked on monday, but brakes are really good, just think the pads need to be heated up to work properly

Yep, go easy on the brakes and after about 80-100 miles of easy braking get up a bit of speed and STAMP on them!!!

You may see a fair bit of blue smoke but dont worry once youve done to get the heat in them they perform mint,mine did.
Cheers to andy(Mr GTiR) for that hint.

Which pads did you get? Think ive got the poly Q's,they tend not to squeal compared to the poly E's.

Matt