Wilwood 280mm OR 310mm brake kit.

gtirx2

for me Carbotech XP10 are one of the best you can get for the front, Ferodo DS2500 will be my second. I never tried the DS3000 so i cannot compare.

On a different note, My 310mm disks are 28mm wide.
I to would say the xp10 carbotechs are a great pad!
I dout i will ever use a different pad.

I had oillecasts old evo3 calipers and clio 280mm disc setup and did a track day at brands, and for such a cheap setup it really amazed me.

No sign of fade at all and good pedal feel,if anything it just highlighted that i need uprated brakes on the back now.

The xp8s maybe better for a road car but tbh the xp10s where fine from cold as well,and the hotter they got the better they were.

These are very dusty pads though so you will have to keep on top of cleaning your wheels.
Have a look at some of the reviews on the mlr.

skiddusmarkus

Well I gave ebc a 2nd chance with the redstuff pads as I'd previously had their turbogroove discs with greenstuff pads and wasn't impressed with them at all.Fool me once, shame on you.Fool me twice, shame on me.I'm not giving them a 3rd chance and will tell anyone who will listen(and those who won't :D ) how shit they were imo.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
On a different note, My 310mm disks are 28mm wide.
What model of caliper do you use?

Just to add...

EBC have launched a new compound of NDX (or something like that) Blue Stuff pads, not to be confused by the standard crappy Blue Stuff Endurance.

Apparently they are far superior to the rest of the crap EBC offer and also rival some big named pads too.
On the other hand I've also found out that some other interesting information about the pads which has also caused a little cause for concern, but I'll explain that at a later date.

I was going to be testing them at Donington last week, but as for reasons I'm not going into just yet I was unable to test them against a number of other pads I have.

Last edited: