Will my 112MPH Limiter be a problem on RR

Perrin21

Hi, im going to the rolling road day on Saturday, will the 112 MPH limiter on my car prevent an accurate result?

M4RV3

Last time I rolled my 200sx I hit 162.8 mph so it might be but I'm sure someone on here will correct me

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
No, you'll get an accurate result... but it will stop at 7200rpm in 4th gear. I guess if you're still making power at that point you won't get an accurate measure, but then you can't use it anyway.

My dyno print out just shows everything drop to zero at that point, but seeing as the peak power is earlier it doesn't really matter.

R R' us

I wasn't too impressed with my result because my gearbox had really long ratio's so i think mine had a little more to give.
I feel sorry for the poor engine's when there on the rollers. What time is it startin because i have foolishly booked in for mot at 10:45

John

When I had mine RR'd they used 3rd gear as well so I think the best plan is to find out what gear they use (3rd or 4th) and go from there as in 3rd you will have no issues but in 4th you will be banging off the limiter.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Isn't 4th usually preferred as that's the closest to a 1:1 ratio between the engine and the wheels?