which tyres

which tyres

• Total voters
J

John Mc

I've got the T1-R on my car and they are very good, never tried the T1-S though so can't compare the two. Although the T1-R is the replacement for the T1-S so in theory should be better :?:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have the T1-S on my car, they seem OK, but I class them as a budget tyre because they're cheap.
Of the 2, like John said I'd expect the R to be better too as it's the replacement.

I'm thinking of maybe going back to Dunlops tho.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Re: r

jonee said:
yokahama's A048's.

you just can't beat them :D

jonee

Thats what i'm getting for my 14's... Only £48 - £62 per tyre too... :wink:

Nad

The R's IIRC have been developed to achieve around 25% more grip in all condition, whether they will last longer or as long only time will tell.

Nad

LOU ROB

I've tried all makes of tyre from avon-yokohama, and I find that the T1R are the best 8)
Don't let the cheaply price put you off :eek: , I use them for road and strip so the times I achive with them on proves they can't be bad in launching and general use :wink:

And they last well to :!:

youngsyp

This may sound stupid but, the T1-R's are only 'budget' tires if, you know where to get them from cheaply ?!

Yep, that did sound stupid :roll: :lol:

The point I'm making is that I was quoted £93 odd each for them from a 'nationwide' fitter, the same, within pennies, as a Goodyear F1 GSD3. After shopping around though, I got them for £49.20 each plus £7 for fitting :wink:

Cheers

Paul

kyepan

hav had the r and the t on mine, and i must admit the t1-r's i have on at the moment are wearing much better than the old t1-s's they grip very well, will only unstick when given extreme steering input or very high speed abuse.. plus they let go nice and progressivly, so you get a good amount of warning before you fall off the road..

not so impressed with their wet weather performance as yet though. will say more when i have given them a propper seeing to in the wet.