which induction k&N, apexi?

davey red.r

im soon to be getting my r remapped:-D trying to aqquire a z32maf,getting profec b 11 will probably not be far off 400bhp hopefully,anyway enough of that drivel ,

whats the best induction for the setup im going for?
i fancy a k&N been on there website cant seem to find out:?
any advice would be appreciated.

cheers davey;-)

davey red.r

na got hks,crap mark,bits keep being sucked off it causing running probs mate:sad: shame tho coz everything else they make is top notch,
evan there hks edition pulsar:lol: :lol:

davey red.r

cheers mr gtir, thats what i was thinking, thanks for that, a bad ass k&n it is then ,been on there website nowt realy there, take it i should be talking to rally suppliers any ideas?

cheers davey;-) :thumbsup:

davey red.r

yeah agree with you there;-)
just trying to locate one
ive emailed company mr gtir passed on to me:thumbsup:
awaiting reply believe there roughly £150

regards davey;-)

davey red.r

mr gtir im waiting for reply, probs be tomorrow with it being weekend, the one you gave me was for a cosworth k&n,
ive also emailed k&n british sales, again awaiting reply,
when i hear back i will indeed ask if they will do discount for the both of us.

regards davey;-)

davey red.r

warringtonjack said:
I quite like the Blitz personally! :)
yeah i quite like them to,
but i think the group a k&n will be better for the 400 mark
with the 3071 and z32maf
if i was staying at the 300mark i would indeed choose blitz or apexi.

regards davey;-)

youngsyp

I agree with Mr GTiR and Morf, a big K&N is teh way to go.

HKS don't filter for shit and have very poor flow rates.

Apexi do filter very well but, the GTiR kit is too small to offer good flow rate as the power increases.

Blitz flow very well but, don't offer the same filtration level as the Apexi.

A K&N of a suitable size will flow very well and offer the best filtration levels too.

Green filters are also very good.

You're basically after the biggest filter you can fit as, the larger the filter, the larger the surface area so, the lower the pressure dop across the filter.

When I pull my finger out, I'm going to replace my Blitz filter, using the fitment parts that came with the Blitz, with a K&N or Green cone.

Paul

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
When I pull my finger out, I'm going to replace my Blitz filter, using the fitment parts that came with the Blitz, with a K&N or Green cone.

Paul

They are going to use a big Green filter on my new set up, I'd of rather gone for a big K&N but they normally use Green filters so I let them stick with what they know ;-) , I did read that the green didn't flow as well as the equivalent K&N though :cry: .

I'll see what I think once I've ran it for a while, I doubt that it's much more than 5-10 bhp difference between them both though ;-) .

Rob

youngsyp

Odin said:
They are going to use a big Green filter on my new set up, I'd of rather gone for a big K&N but they normally use Green filters so I let them stick with what they know ;-) , I did read that the green didn't flow as well as the equivalent K&N though :cry: .

I'll see what I think once I've ran it for a while, I doubt that it's much more than 5-10 bhp difference between them both though ;-) .

Rob
It's a shame Green don't make the 'group N' filters in the cone style, like they do for the replacement panels, they'd flow very well. They use 2 layers instead of the normal 3 layers.

I'm sure with the size of the filter you'll be using, you'll not notice any difference between the Green and K&N.... It would still be interesting to see though.

Paul

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
I'm sure with the size of the filter you'll be using, you'll not notice any difference between the Green and K&N.... It would still be interesting to see though.

Paul

Well I'm not sure what size filter they will manage to get in the available space, It's one of those surprises I'm looking forward too :lol: :lol: .

I spoke to him on Friday and he said their wasn't a great deal of space :cry: , Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised :-D ;-) .

At least they managed to plumb the screamer pipe back into the down pipe 8) , So that should quieten things down a bit ;-) .

Rob

youngsyp

Odin said:
Well I'm not sure what size filter they will manage to get in the available space, It's one of those surprises I'm looking forward too :lol: :lol: .

I spoke to him on Friday and he said their wasn't a great deal of space :cry: , Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised :-D ;-) .

At least they managed to plumb the screamer pipe back into the down pipe 8) , So that should quieten things down a bit ;-) .

Rob
Sounds like it's coming along nicely. Can't wait to see the finished result !

Paul

davey red.r

Mr GTiR said:
Ask them is there a discount if we buy 2 ;-)
havnt heard out back
evan hiteq havnt bothered returning email regarding where i can aqquire the largestk&n
for the gti/r
nor has k&n british sales replied,
:?

davey;-)

Last edited: